Website Siemens EDA
Desired Military Experience, Backgrounds and/or Aptitude:
- Civil Engineering (HVAC & Electrician)
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic/Computer Systems
- Automation/Integration Technicians & Specialists
- Nuclear Engineering/Power/Energy
- Satellite/Radar Systems
- Comm Techs
- Fire Control Navaids
- Submarine Electronics/Computer Techs
- Avionics Systems & more!
About our Smart Buildings:
Because we spend 90% of our lives in buildings, they should be perfect places for all we do. Smart buildings enhance the experience. Interacting with people, systems, and ambient elements, they learn from experience and real-time input. Using intelligent control, security, and energy management systems, we help factories and offices better support the industries they house. We help schools, hospitals, data centers, and military bases have a great impact – all while increasing comfort, efficiency, resilience, and safety. Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives.
Our Three Main Business Groups that you could be assigned to:
- Building Automation: HVAC Controls, Lighting Controls, and Mechanical/Electrical Services
- Fire/Life Safety: Fire Alarm, Mass/Emergency Communication, and Sprinkler/Suppression
- Security: Integrated Surveillance and Access Controls
What Technicians/Specialists do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Technicians/Specialists are the people that (for Service) gather data, troubleshoot, and carries-out critical maintenance and repairs; or (for Solutions) install new equipment, run start-up, and commission systems in our customers’ HVAC/Building Automation, Fire/Life Safety, or Integrated Security systems in large commercial buildings such as hospitals, universities, and military bases. Why is this so important? The Technician/Specialist is the face of Siemens, and your expertise and regular interaction with the customer will help them save energy, money, and create a more sustainable future for our environment.
- Meet with the customers (for Service) to diagnose their HVAC/Building Automation, Fire/Life Safety, or Integrated Security electronic control system malfunctions and use your expertise to maintain, repair, or (for Solutions) install new equipment; commissioning if needed
- Consult with our internal engineering and management team for discrepancies in our drawings or as problems arise
- Interface with the customers: complete the service work documentation, assist them with training instructions needed for future ease-of-use, and (most importantly) recommend system enhancements providing a value-added partner relationship
- U.S. Military experience as an E4 or above (Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force, National Guard, Reserves)
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associates degree preferred
- Electro-mechanical aptitude/knowledge/skills
- Knowledge of Building Automation Controls, Fire/Life Safety or Integrated Security systems preferred
- For positions related to Fire/Life Safety: knowledge of NFPA codes and ability to obtain certification in NICET I is preferred
- Computer and software skills
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project experience preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- You must be able to read/understand design and construction documents; work in a variety of environments in and around mechanical equipment, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions; use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet; carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted
This position may support Siemens’ customers who require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.