Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $1 Billion global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, including High-Speed Board-to-Board, High-Speed Cables, Mid-Board and Panel Optics, Precision RF, Flexible Stacking, and Micro/Rugged components and cables. Samtec Technology Centers are dedicated to developing and advancing technologies, strategies and products to optimize both the performance and cost of a system from the bare die to an interface 100 meters away, and all interconnect points in between. With 40+ international locations and products sold in more than 125 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
Samtec is seeking a Process Engineer for the Colorado Springs, CO location. The salary range for this position is $77,000 – $102,000 per year inclusive of applicable bonus and commensurate with experience. Standard benefit offerings available are medical (HSA/PPO), dental, vision, group life, AD&D, short and long term disability, EAP, 401k plus other voluntary options as well as time off.
The Process Engineer will perform IC packaging process development and improvement directly resulting in increased efficiency and quality on the production floor. This will be achieved through start up and qualification of new equipment, design of experiments to support customer requirements and internal development projects, documentation and training.
- Assembly Engineering support to review Customer requirements and determine the correct process, materials and time frame needed to meet those requirements.
- Interaction as required with customers regarding technical issues and specification reviews.
- Manage and define Assembly Processes relating to specific products or customers.
- Responsible for conducting thorough Design of Experiments on new IC Assembly Processes with the goal of developing new process technology and improving productivity.
- Collect and analyze equipment and process performance data to ensure high quality output.
- Generate detailed reports and specifications documenting all experimental and process findings and procedures. Provide DOE, SPC, and yield reporting in a clear and presentable format.
- Assess existing processes and identify areas of improvement for these systems.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on new equipment to support continuous technology improvements to meet future customer requirements.
- Conduct root cause analysis and corrective actions related to process failures.
- Identify and implement cost, quality, and yield improvements.
- Supervisory responsibility for technicians may be required.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.”
- 5+ years of Assembly Process Engineering experience. Die Attach or Pick-and-Place experience & processes is desired.
- Basic understanding of semiconductor process. Hands-on experience in Semiconductor Back-End Process Engineering preferred.
- Experience in Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiments & FMEA required.
- Experience in microelectronic package design and SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or other engineering design, modeling or simulation software is desirable.
- Detail oriented, data entry accuracy, problem solver, good analytical skills, team player, multitask capability.
- General computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing training and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in relating to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance requirements.
- Lifting Requirements: Light Work – must be able to lift up to 20 pounds regularly from floor to waist.
- Must be able to sit for more than 90 consecutive minutes, and not suffer from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
- Must be able to spend extended periods standing and walking in a clean-room environment.
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions: Must be willing to work in a chemical environment while following all department safety rules and regulations.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Material Science) or equivalent is required.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.