GlobalFoundries (GF) is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GF makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Internship Program Overview:
Our Interns & Co-ops are our entry-level talent pipeline for GF across the globe. Our goal is to provide students with a meaningful work experience that will equip them with the skills to embark on a career in the fast-paced and growing semiconductor industry after graduation. As an intern at GF, you will experience one-on-one mentorship, work assignments that prioritize your growth and potential, professional development opportunities, and the chance to network with executives.
Summary of Role:
- Research, create, and develop modern software to replace legacy applications.
- You will be responsible for the entire development cycle, from conception to implementation.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Work-in and support a productive and innovative team with peers, managers, and cross-functional teams.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- This candidate will need to prove technical competencies in software development.
- Dynamic, resourceful self-starter with good analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to write SOP’s and Out of Control Action Plans (OCAP’s)
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements, and programs.
- Education – Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or related field.
- Currently in your penultimate year of study.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g., Python, R, Java, etc.) and Linux shell scripts.
- Language Fluency – English (Written & Verbal)
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Travel – Up to 10%
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week during the internship.
- Prior related internship or co-op experience
- Project management skills, i.e., the ability to innovate and execute on solutions that matter; the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Experience in computer science.
- Proficiency with data structures and system design.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and APIs
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.