Website Alphawave Semi
Alphawave Semi enables tomorrow’s future by accelerating the critical data communication at the heart of our digital world – from seamless video streaming to AI to the metaverse and much more. Our technology powers product innovation in the most data demanding industries today including data centers, networking, storage, artificial intelligence, 5G wireless infrastructure, and autonomous vehicles. Customers partner with us for mission critical data communication, our innovative technologies, and proven track record. Together, we enable the next generation of digital technology.
As a member of Alphawave Semi’s Connectivity Products Group, you will help enable the next generation of datacenter interconnects by driving the development of direct detect and Coherent DSP products supporting 800Gbps, 1.6Tbps and beyond interconnects spanning a few millimetres to a few hundred kilometres.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a team of world-class engineers who are willing to help when needed and are happy to receive help when offered.
- Ensure analog block performance adheres to standard and system model specifications.
- Identify and refine circuit implementation to optimize power, performance and area targets.
- Propose design and verification strategies to ensure high quality design.
- Oversee physical layout to minimize the impact of parasitics, device stress, and process variation.
- Present simulation data for peer review.
- Document design features and key test bench performance metrics.
- Work with the application team to characterize your circuit and correlate measurements with simulation results
What You’ll Need:
- PhD degree or MSc degree in Engineering Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science is at a minimum.
- The position is located in Toronto and the Engineer will be reporting to the Senior Director
- 2+ years of experience.
- Familiarity with transistor-level circuit design using advanced CMOS technology nodes.
- Silicon-proven experience implementing circuits for analog building blocks.
- Design experience with one or more of the following circuit blocks: continuous time linear equalizer, slicer, high-speed ADC, voltage-controlled oscillator, phase interpolator, bandgap reference, voltage regulator, serializer, deserializer, voltage/current-mode transmitter, phase-locked loop, phase detector
- Experience optimising CMOS layout to minimise parasitic impacts.
- Experience designing for reliability including management of aging, overstress, and electromigration issues.
- Experience with EDA tools for schematic entry, layout, and verification.
- Knowledge of SPICE simulators and simulation methods.
- Knowledgeable in Verilog-A for analog behavioural modelling.
“Hybrid work environment”
As part of our commitment to the well-being and satisfaction of our employees, we have designed a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Great compensation package
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Paid time off
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave Semi is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal.
Alphawave Semi is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave Semi will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if you’re applications is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit alphawave.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com.