The Account representative serves as the primary contact between Ansys and customers in an assigned territory or set of named accounts. The Account Representative is responsible for maintaining existing customer accounts while also working to create new opportunities in existing accounts. A successful Account Representative maximizes sales profitability, growth, and account penetration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs sales activities, establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current and/or prospective customers to maintain renewal business and generate new business for an assigned geographic area, set of named accounts or product/service line to achieve or exceed revenue objectives.
- Sells products/services through telephone as well as face-to-face contact.
- Uncover customer’s pain points, negative consequences, and desired positive business outcomes to identify the best solution. Clearly present the value of company’s products/services through metrics and proof points while tying to the customer’s needs and differentiating from competition.
- Creates and maintains account plans for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers or expanding to new groups in existing customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, account team, sales management, accounting, legal and technical services groups.
- Provides accurate forecasts for new sales and renewal revenues.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions; schedules training and seminars to enhance new business opportunities.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Education & Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree in technical, engineering, business or related field with 1+ years of experience of demonstrated success in engineering, sales or related field OR 5+ years of experience demonstrated success in engineering, sales or related field .
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering analysis and technology.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Travel: up to 50%
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.