Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/what-ecosystems-to-dominate-ai-ml-hardware-and-software.12735/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

What Ecosystems to Dominate AI/ML, Hardware and Software?

Arthur Hanson

At this early stage what companies does the SemiWiki community feel will dominate AI/ML in software and hardware, or is it still a free for all? As far as AI I have little doubt TSM will be the fab of choice and MU will provide the memory. Everything else I feel is still up in the air. Also my opinion is AI/ML will operate primarily in the cloud to keep up with the rapid pace of change in an economically efficient manner. Below is a list of companies that according to Forbes show the most promise. Will there be a few dominant systems as there are operating systems now? Any thoughts on this are welcome, including if entirely new structures are built that don't resemble what we currently see now.

The cloud giants will play big in this market (Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Baidu, Tencent, etc...). Money, talent, acquisitions, and they are their own customers. Intel is trying as well with acquisitions but they are not their own customers so there will be competitive issues.

Chris Rowen is quite knowledgable about AI/ML and has many resources listed at his site Cognite Ventures, http://www.cogniteventures.com/the-cognite-300-startup-poster/. He tracks and categorizes some 350 AI/ML companies, and is often speaking at conferences on the topic.
Dan, from the look of the posters, it looks like the area is beyond ripe for consolidation, either through survival of the fittest or a wave of buy outs. Any thoughts on who the winners might be. I agree with Daniel Nenni that it will be a current mega player that buys the best talent and products. Do you have any other thoughts who the prime targets might be?

Back