Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/tsmc-july-2022-revenue-report-49-9-increase.16519/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

TSMC July 2022 Revenue Report 49.9% Increase

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member
HSINCHU, Taiwan, R.O.C. – Aug. 10, 2022 - TSMC (TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM) today
announced its net revenue for July 2022: On a consolidated basis, revenue for July 2022 was approximately NT$186.76 billion, an increase of 6.2 percent from June 2022 and an increase of 49.9 percent from July 2021. Revenue for January through July 2022 totaled NT$1,211.98 billion, an increase of 41.1 percent compared to the same period in 2021.

TSMC July Revenue 2022.jpg

TSMC estimated a 35% revenue growth for 2022 on the last investor call. Currently they are at 41.1% YoY so are we looking at a Q4 drop? Could the semiconductor sky be falling as Malcolm Penn has predicted? Or has TSMC sandbagged us again? The FinFET era has been very very good to TSMC, absolutely.

This is a pretty amazing achievement. For context, TSMC was already up 17.5% YoY July 2021 vs July 2020, making this even more impressive. https://investor.tsmc.com/english/monthly-revenue/2021

On the sky falling - I think there are quite a few notable watch items. Nvidia recently pre-warned on an upcoming 19% sequential QoQ revenue drop, some automakers report unusual inventory activity (Ford near zero inventory, VW 5-6 months of inventory), Raspberry Pi’s are perpetually out of stock, and major trading areas (US, EU, China) are by some definitions in a recession already. There’s also rising inflation which means a 0% revenue change is actually a significant reduction in revenue.

That said, I think I am coming around to the viewpoint that this may not matter for TSMC due to their diversity in market presence, and vast numbers of customers ready to use additional capacity, among other reasons. I’m amazed remove Huawei from the board and other sanctions type changes haven’t had significant impact on TSMC’s revenue..

That said, I think I am coming around to the viewpoint that this may not matter for TSMC due to their diversity in market presence, and vast numbers of customers ready to use additional capacity, among other reasons. I’m amazed remove Huawei from the board and other sanctions type changes haven’t had significant impact on TSMC’s revenue..

Agreed, that is proving to be true. The high customer count also gives TSMC insight into the economy that most companies don't have. You will be hard pressed to find an industry that does not involve semiconductors in some form so TSMC has the broadest set of economic datapoints of any one manufacturer.

TSMC estimated a 35% revenue growth for 2022 on the last investor call. Currently they are at 41.1% YoY so are we looking at a Q4 drop? Could the semiconductor sky be falling as Malcolm Penn has predicted? Or has TSMC sandbagged us again? The FinFET era has been very very good to TSMC, absolutely.

In order to match the 35% 2022 whole year growth target, TSMC must slow down its August ~ December revenue YoY growth to 26.46% per month averagely.

IMHO, it's possible but very unlikely.

Reactions: VCT
In order to match the 35% 2022 whole year growth target, TSMC must slow down its August ~ December revenue YoY growth to 26.46% per month averagely.

IMHO, it's possible but very unlikely.

TSMC is conservative so they will most certainly beat the 35% number. Probably closer to 40%. TSMC N3 is going to be a big node so expect bigger things in 2023 and 2024.

TSMC is conservative so they will most certainly beat the 35% number. Probably closer to 40%. TSMC N3 is going to be a big node so expect bigger things in 2023 and 2024.

Nvidia and Micron both gave revenue downward warning this week for their current quarter.

But TSMC and several other major semiconductor companies are posting good second quarter earnings. Are we in "A Tale of Two Cities"?

Post in thread 'Semiconductor Companies Q2 2022 Revenue Growth (Excluding equipment, software, and materials manufacturers)' https://semiwiki.com/forum/index.ph...-and-materials-manufacturers.16307/post-54361

NVIDIA RTX3000 made by Samsung so TSMC have nothing to lose from NVIDIA. Any RTX4000 will be a plus to TSMC.
AMD GPU drop will have more impact to TSMC, hope game consoles pickup more.

NVIDIA RTX3000 made by Samsung so TSMC have nothing to lose from NVIDIA. Any RTX4000 will be a plus to TSMC.
AMD GPU drop will have more impact to TSMC, hope game consoles pickup more.
GPU drop from AMD doesn't matter. Zen4, genoa, RDNA3 are all coming. That's where money is.

Back