Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/tsm-the-most-important-company-in-the-world-its-also-the-ecosystem.14333/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

TSM the Most Important Company in the World, It's also the Ecosystem

Arthur Hanson

Barron's which I consider the world's top financial publication has declared TSM the most important semiconductor company in the world and with the key role semis play and touch almost everything directly or indirectly this also makes TSM the most important company in the world. It is not only their technology but their unmatched ability to build an ecosystem that literally spans the world, too bad the world's politicians can't do the same. Morris Chang clearly stated numerous times it's the ecosystem as much as the technology. I wish the world's politicians could learn from this well demonstrated and proven lesson.

@Arthur Hanson - No wonder it stood as the central point in the whole ecosystem. The origins are also pretty great. The founders saw the need for establishing a company that purely manufactures chips in the beginning. That's how the pure foundry play came into the picture. This was the best move for a country to step into such an industry when the US is playing the game pretty fast. I believe the same for any country to enter into this industry. They have to come up with solutions for voids in the industry. Unless they do this, they can't expect a good position in the industry at this time.
But not considering the TSMC's working culture and the innovation culture is a bad thing too. It is one of the companies which uses TRIZ to drive innovation in the company.

Back