Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/the-foundry-model-for-autonomy-tsm-will-rule.13706/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

The Foundry Model for Autonomy, TSM will rule

Arthur Hanson

The current method of autonomy is a vast waste of resources and time. The foundry model has proven the most efficient model and TSM and others have proven its application speeds performance, progress and lowers costs at an ever accelerating rate. It is not just the foundry, but the ecosystem one creates as TSM has shown with coodinating suppliers and customers needs to the advantage of all. I have no doubt that TSM will be the primary foundry for the autonomous world as will be many of their suppliers and EDA firms. TSM is a proven master of the foundry model and this will be it's next great mega application and already has a significant head start on the competition. The question in, who will be next link in this extremely valuable chain. The companies I see right now taking the lead are Tesla, Alphabet and Apple. I think it may be Apple or Alphabet for Tesla could achieve dramatic savings in time and resources using the already massive resources of these two companies. This combination would benefit all in the current TSM ecosystem and society in general by far though the hyper efficient use of resources of the foundry/ecosystem model. This model will speed autonomy in everything from transportation to surgery. The current ecosystem is a great waste of resources and time and eventually the efficiencis of the TSM ecosystem model should dominate to the benefit of everyone. There will be a plethora of special interests that will fight this for their own private gain, but this will be a world wide phenomena that is going to change everything and the benefits will become more obvious with every passing day. I also have no doubt this will lead to true AI/ML systems and massive changes in the structure of society, education and politics. Any thoughts, comments or additions solicited and welcome, the more the better.

It's small custom orders. When I think of autonomy I think of towerjazz and the best they can do is a 40 nm node. Really you should keep it at an 8 min mile pace for manufacturing and autonomy can do that now. For extremely complex stuff maybe tsmc will make a 3nm project but it will be out of love not for money. let's be honest that market isn't large enough. It will be companies like umc and tower jazz playing catchup and they'll get there but it will take time.

I worked for many Israeli companies not any taiwanese. The tech and mechanics are superb but their sales skills are crap. They give a lot of money to salespeople and it can be detrimental.

Last edited by a moderator:
The current method of autonomy is a vast waste of resources and time. The foundry model has proven the most efficient model and TSM and others have proven its application speeds performance, progress and lowers costs at an ever accelerating rate. It is not just the foundry, but the ecosystem one creates as TSM has shown with coodinating suppliers and customers needs to the advantage of all. I have no doubt that TSM will be the primary foundry for the autonomous world as will be many of their suppliers and EDA firms. TSM is a proven master of the foundry model and this will be it's next great mega application and already has a significant head start on the competition. The question in, who will be next link in this extremely valuable chain. The companies I see right now taking the lead are Tesla, Alphabet and Apple. I think it may be Apple or Alphabet for Tesla could achieve dramatic savings in time and resources using the already massive resources of these two companies. This combination would benefit all in the current TSM ecosystem and society in general by far though the hyper efficient use of resources of the foundry/ecosystem model. This model will speed autonomy in everything from transportation to surgery. The current ecosystem is a great waste of resources and time and eventually the efficiencis of the TSM ecosystem model should dominate to the benefit of everyone. There will be a plethora of special interests that will fight this for their own private gain, but this will be a world wide phenomena that is going to change everything and the benefits will become more obvious with every passing day. I also have no doubt this will lead to true AI/ML systems and massive changes in the structure of society, education and politics. Any thoughts, comments or additions solicited and welcome, the more the better.
What do you mean autonomy?

What do you mean autonomy?
Paul2, by autonomy, I mean all things autonomous that need minimal human input to operate. These range from sophisticated robotic systems that can deal with changing conditions and output with minimal to no human input. LIke systems that read xray and MRI scans that MIT technology review says are so superior to humans that they should stop training radiologists now.

Back