Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/the-arm-2020-predictions-report.12217/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

The Arm 2020 Predictions Report

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member
Interesting read:

5G, Smart IoT Tech and AI Dominate Public Interest in This Year’s Survey
Welcome to the second Arm Predictions Report, the result of an annual survey into global consumer attitudes and expectations toward the latest technology trends. This year’s findings, drawn from a sample of 750 people in the run up to the 2019 holiday season by research firm Northstar, paint a picture of cautious optimism. Despite growing concern over whether device makers are doing enough to secure customer data, we’re welcoming more smart technology into our lives and homes than ever before.

ARM 2020 Predictions Report.png

https://www.arm.com/blogs/blueprint/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Arm-2020-Predictions-Report.pdf

It's definitely generational, baby boomers hate ai and millennials love it.

It's definitely generational, baby boomers hate ai and millennials love it.

Millennials, of which I have four in my family, don't so much love AI as they really have no idea what AI is truly capable of. Millennials are the "extra busy" smartphone generation who do not have time for deep thinking.

Millennials, of which I have four in my family, don't so much love AI as they really have no idea what AI is truly capable of. Millennials are the "extra busy" smartphone generation who do not have time for deep thinking.

I blame the educational system. I'm a learn by trial and error guy and there was no place for me.

Millennials love using Alexa etc. and baby boomers are spooked by Alexa. You're right about ai on a larger scope and scale and I'm right on a smaller more personnel level.

I blame the educational system. I'm a learn by trial and error guy and there was no place for me.

Millennials love using Alexa etc. and baby boomers are spooked by Alexa. You're right about ai on a larger scope and scale and I'm right on a smaller more personnel level.

We have had an Alexa/Echo since they first came out and use it most days. It's in our kitchen. We also assume it's listening all the time, not unlike our phones, so me do not allow them in our bedroom nor do we have sex in the kitchen. No Nest cameras inside to hack but we have a Ring doorbell and a smart TV . Your basic boomer household.

Back