Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/something-about-audio-coupling-capacitor.11061/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Something about Audio Coupling Capacitor

Eva713

I bought a 5532 front tuning board, with two coupling capacitors on the output side of the tuner, another two resistors at the input end without coupling capacitors, and two coupling capacitors at the input end of the post-stage power amplifier. In this way, there are four coupling capacitors between the front tuning board and the post-stage power amplifier, and two input terminals at the output end of the front stage tuning board, it is useful or not to place them like that? Why not put the coupling capacitor on the input end of the front stage tuning board but put it on the output side?:confused:
How about I remove the two coupling capacitors from the front output and connect them to the input?

Look forward to the experienced advice, thank you in advanced.:D

Best regards

If you bought this amplifier
Class A regulator HIFI tuning board 5532 fever front 2.0 tuner upgrade power amplifierS FINISHED BOARD-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Then the designer and HENFENG Audio Store has a 97.5% rating, which is quite stellar, plus they have engineered a wide range of HiFi products, so I would trust what they designed it well by adding coupling capacitors.

How does the amplifier sound to your ears?

Are you hearing distortion or something amiss?

It does seem odd. Usually the input is high impedance and decoupling with a capacitor is easy and eliminates worries about DC offsets etc. Do you have a schematic for it?

Thank you for your advice at first. Whether this condition can be regarded as the equivalent series of the front and rear stages of stopping DC resistance, so the capacity decreases, the low frequency impedance increases, and the bass becomes worse. If the combination of the front and back stages is not constant, any straight phase can be removed; the combination of the stages before and after the constant transformation can stop DC, the voltage is constant, and the capacity is doubled.

It is true that capacitance on the input will cut bass, but input impedance is usually much higher than output so the capacitor can be smaller (and higher voltage, adding protection). For example those 3.3uF caps I can see near the output, with a 10k ohm input impedance (which I am guessing) would have -3db point at about 10Hz. But on the output they would make no sense if they are in series, you would have no bass at all. Is it possible this amplifier is entirely DC coupled?

Back