Siemens receives three Samsung Foundry SAFE EDA awards
As part of its inaugural Samsung SAFE (Samsung Advanced Foundry Ecosystem) awards program, Siemens is recognized in the categories of Best Innovation, Best Collaboration and Best Technical Support.
Siemens Digital Industries Software today announced that long-term partner Samsung Foundry has recognized its partnership and substantial contributions to the broader Samsung Foundry ecosystem over the past year with three Samsung SAFE Awards. As part of its inaugural Samsung SAFE (Samsung Advanced Foundry Ecosystem) awards program, Siemens is recognized in the categories of Best Innovation, Best Collaboration and Best Technical Support. The new Samsung Foundry awards program recognizes achievement of the highest standards of design, development, and technology implementation to accelerate silicon innovation.
“I’m pleased to congratulate Siemens as the winner of these three 2020 Samsung Foundry SAFE awards for their EDA solutions,” said Jaehong Park, executive vice president of Foundry Design Platform Development at Samsung Electronics. “These awards reflect our continued partnership with Siemens to address customers’ 2D and 3D design challenges across elements of Samsung Foundry’s design flows and target markets for our most advanced process nodes.”
Siemens’ High Density Advanced Packaging (HDAP) flow earned the Best Innovation award for collaboration on Samsung's Multi-Die Integration (MDI™) packaging solution, which helps mutual customers rapidly prototype, implement, verify and thermally analyze their highly sophisticated multi-die package implementations. The Siemens technologies powering the HDAP flow include:
- Xpedition™ Substrate Integrator software, which enables rapid early prototyping and planning of heterogeneous semiconductor package assemblies,
- Xpedition™ Package Designer software, which provides constraint-driven place-and-route functionality with manufacturing preparation,
- Simcenter™ Flotherm™ software, which delivers complete package assembly thermal modeling and analysis,
- Simcenter™ 3D software, which provides complete, thermally induced stress and reliability analysis for package assemblies,
- Calibre® 3DSTACK software, which provides signoff DRC and LVS checking of complete multi-die system assemblies at any process node.
The product team for Siemens’ Calibre Circuit Verification suite won this year’s Samsung SAFE award for Best Collaboration. The team worked closely with Samsung to ensure that each of the following tools in this suite support Samsung’s latest process technology:
- Calibre® nmLVS software -- Samsung Foundry was the first foundry to leverage the Calibre nmLVS-recon offering to speed circuit verification during early design,
- Calibre® PERC reliability software, which employs a unique, integrated analysis to automate complex reliability verification checks,
- Calibre® xACT parasitic extraction software, which delivers the high levels of accuracy required for three dimensional FinFET structures.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. The Xcelerator portfolio helps companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation. For more information on Siemens Digital Industries Software products and services, visit www.sw.siemens.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Siemens Digital Industries Software – Where today meets tomorrow.
Note: A list of relevant Siemens trademarks can be found here. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Primary ContactJack Taylor
+1 512 560 7143