Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/semi-stocks-down-on-soft-demand-for-smartphones-maybe-more.10325/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Semi stocks down on soft demand for smartphones, maybe more?

Bernard, I realize this is just a blip in the greatest development in human history, AI/ML. The semi sector is also taking nanotech in everything from materials to actives to levels and uses most can't even imagine, I can. Handled carefully and with more than a little luck, we will enter a new age where EVERYTHING will be redefined in ways most can't even imagine, let alone comprehend.

These are expensive technologies. People don't reliably pay up for features they don't comprehend. Are you thinking the ultimate customer is a FB where users are the product? Or something closer to home like autonomous cars. It looks like the phone market is tapped out and I personally do not see VR and AR as justifying these shrinks on a economic basis.

These are expensive technologies. People don't reliably pay up for features they don't comprehend. Are you thinking the ultimate customer is a FB where users are the product? Or something closer to home like autonomous cars. It looks like the phone market is tapped out and I personally do not see VR and AR as justifying these shrinks on a economic basis.

Many of these technologies will radically lower cost unless stifled by special interests. Robotics, bots for customer service, automated farming equipment of all types, autonomous cars that allow us to for better utilize existing infrastructure than having to build more at tremendous cost, AI/ML doing medical diagnostics at a very small fraction on the current cost. This is just a very, very small sample of what is coming and this doesn't even count areas and fields many can't even imagine, let alone comprehend. Given the time, I have no doubt I could name a thousand applications where tech could vastly improve things and lower costs just using current technology. This is not casual, unsubstantiated small talk, but what I do for a living.

Back