You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
SEC has made the same claim and forecast repeatedly for the past 10+ years with an ever slipping deadline for success. Even stooping to claim their own semi sales as foundry sales has not made the gap in a meaningful way. But we all need goals and dreams.
2030 is a ways out, here's the steel man version of the Foundry goal (it isn't really about Foundry though, it's DRAM/Foundry initially, then Foundry/DRAM):
- Apple hardware growth flatlines, TSMC's key customer
- Nvidia, Samsung's key customer, continues to grow and is able to fill demand by 2025 or 2026, and replaces Apple as the technology leader
- 14nm DRAM ramps up and prices stay high, with multiple EUV layers, Samsung DS achieves a scale unlike any competitor
- Samsung Foundry/DRAM scale enables quality learning and highest yields on all products (not just Nvidia)
- And the Foundry/DRAM scale is huge, providing lowest cost