Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/request-for-list-of-methods-of-carrier-profiling-to-establish-a-new-semi-standard.11333/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Request for list of methods of carrier profiling to establish a new SEMI standard

mhagmann

A new SEMI standard is being created to define how to measure the carrier density in semiconductors at the new technology nodes (especially 7-nm and lower). We are aware of Scanning Spreading Resistance Microscopy (SSRM) and Scanning Capacitance Microscopy (SCM) which are frequently used but we would appreciate any references to other methods for determining the carrier concentration in semiconductors at or below the 32-nm technology node. Please respond to this message by in-mail or as a direct response to this thread.
Thank you.

Another, similar approach to Electron Holography which I am aware of would be: "TEM-based phase retrieval of p–n junction wafers using the transport of intensity equation".

I once used this same method to map the magnetisation of magnetic domains in a novel memory structure.

Sometimes, the authors get mixed up when talking about dopants and free carriers, but the carrier density could I'm sure be mapped using the above method.

I think there must be many other TEM (and perhaps SEM) approaches that have been used over the years. i.e. it must be possible to determine n & p from the electron energy loss spectrum.

PROBING OF NEAR-SURFACE SEMICONDUCTOR LAYERS BY ELECTRON-ENERGY LOSS SPECTROSCOPY

Thank you for suggesting these two methods. I will be presenting a poster next Tuesday at ASMC-2019. If you are there please speak with me.

Back