Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/platforms-bundling-and-value-subcriptions-the-new-reality.12422/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Platforms, Bundling and Value, Subcriptions, the New Reality

Arthur Hanson

The overriding goal of many companies is to create a constant revenue stream at all costs. The big question is not whether this is good or bad, but if it delivers more value for money, a decision that is getting more complicated every day. I myself rather have subscriptions tied to my phone or computer in what ever form, since they can be used every where and not tied to just one space inside a car. I see a consumer reports service maybe popping up in this area that rates quality, delivery and content value of all these new subscription services. It is becoming especially hard to value complex bundles, such as this Tesla bundle. We are going to need a standard disclosure structure if we are going to make decisions on these bundles in the future. This process applies to almost everything now from personal to business to many types of organizations. We are just beginning to see subscriptions in everything, from jet services to cars and soon just about everything else. The tech sectors has given us the numerous tools to create ever more and complex subscription services and the next wave will probably be in medical monitoring of wearables to help manage our health and fitness. This is definitely going to become the next mega market platform for everything, comprising not billions, but trillions of dollars. In the near future we may customize these models for economic, time and health efficiencies that could achieved no other way. Much of our lives could be comprised of a digital imprint in a single data center. The political, social, economic and personal impact of these trends is literally staggering and will get even greater with increasingly robust communications and devices we haven't even dreamed of yet. Even our work lives are in the future may be dominated by subscription services for education and training. Maybe in the future we may even be selling ourselves on a subscription platform. Further comments and additions solicited and welcome. The semi/nanotech world is going to make our current world unrecognizable in just a few more years as this process in already well underway and picking up speed at an acceleration rate. This trend is going the change EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
Back