Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/phononics-semis-provide-cooling.11377/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Phononics, Semis Provide Cooling

Arthur Hanson

Phononics is going to lead the semiconductor cooling revolution in using semiconductors to provide energy efficient, non toxic cooling. Demo units are already out and we should be seeing major changes in not only refrigeration, but heat transfer of all types. Heat transfer using this technology could open up a whole range of uses and processes that until now haven't even been considered. This is just one of many new frontiers that are only limited by the imagination. A solid state heat pump that is highly efficient could be a world wide game changer of how buildings and cities are structured. The semi world will expand at an ever increasing rate with more uses and applications than most even in the field can even imagine and this is but one example of the "Great Acceleration" that I have been following and many have missed. The "Great Acceleration" is picking up speed and the semi sector is one of many leading the way. Hopefully we will see the same gains in efficiency over time as we have seen in every other area of the semiconductor world.

Phononic, Inc.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg

Phononics CEO disruptive strategy

Last edited:
Interesting - I looked at this company a year or two ago. I had even started writing a blog but then bailed because I couldn't get straight answers from them. The fridge is real, but anything related to chip/datacenter cooling, at least when I looked at it, was hedged with caveats and backtracking on what they wanted to say in the blog. Maybe they've fixed those problems?

More than heating and cooling is moving and transferring energy like a heat pump efficiently is more the question I have. I would also like to see details. From what report I saw on the business channel, these devices should be out within a year or less. All we can do is wait and see.

Back