Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/new-linkedin-group-set-up-for-discussion-of-new-method-for-sub-nm-carrier-profiling.11169/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

New Linkedin group set up for discussion of new method for sub-nm carrier profiling

mhagmann

Dietrich von Diemar set up a new group on LinkedIn "Scanning Frequency Comb Spectroscopy and Microscopy" for discussion of the new method which I have alluded to previously here in the Open Forum on SemiWiki.com. I invite those who are interested in the need for true sub-nm carrier profiling, which i feel to be essential at and below the 7-nm technology node, to see the simulators which we have made and provide their comments on this technology.

Can you include a link?

In my experience LinkedIn Groups are not great for detailed discussions since your work info is connected to it. If you want we can set up a forum on SemiWiki and give it a try? Let me know how it goes.

Dietrich von Diemar set up a new group on LinkedIn "Scanning Frequency Comb Spectroscopy and Microscopy" for discussion of the new method which I have alluded to previously here in the Open Forum on SemiWiki.com. I invite those who are interested in the need for true sub-nm carrier profiling, which i feel to be essential at and below the 7-nm technology node, to see the simulators which we have made and provide their comments on this technology.

Daniel: Please give me your suggestions as to how to set up such a forum on SemiWiki. However, rather than focusing on the new technology we are developing, I think that it should address the need to establish standards for Failure Analysis that are suitable at and below the 7-nm node--because there are none.
The 1997 NTRS Roadmap for Semiconductors did not mention carrier profiling. However, it suggested that the resolution for dopant profiling be a value which was 1.4 percent of the finest node dimension used at that time. Now, this would correspond to 0.1 nm at the 7-nm node. Later national and international roadmaps have not mentioned the resolution for either carrier or dopant profiling. I have examined the SEMI standards and find that they provide no guidance for carrier profiling below the 90-nm node which was introduced in 2004. Thus, at present there is no suggested procedure for Failure Analysis at or below the 7-nm node.

Back