[ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Is this fake news?

What ever happened to that fab in Arizona? How long did it sit empty? What does that say about their planning?

They're having difficulty finding labor. I get calls a few times a week for jobs there, other companies mostly but a staffing company that intel uses has called. Intel is out of the way. Fab work is tough and the dumb bitch problems in washco makes people miserable. I just don't see them finding the people. I think there's a lot of people in administration afraid of being let go and they're telling a story.

The engineering wages in Oregon are lower than Silicon Valley, so in a sense it does make some economic sense to keep investing in their leading-edge fab in Hillsboro, OR.

A blog writing fiction as truth is one thing but a newspaper is another. I'm not surprised because the oregonian is garbage but it's still disturbing. Mike Rogoway isn't even lying about politics, he's doing it to something that didn't ask for it.

It looks like Mellanox is aligned with Intel's products in the cloud and data center, so why not buy a company in that market which is much faster then building your own which takes too much time?

It does make sense because intel gets the tech, the know-how and the employees. Qualcomm, microsoft, and some other companies are interested in mellanox too and people that work for mellanox don't want to work for companies like intel so it will be more expensive if the sale happens.

When intel puts $17 billion in israel, israel becomes the priority and there are a lot of people in oregon not comfortable about it. To pay for it and the tech in oregon is aging intel will have to cut staff. OREGON NEEDS INTEL TO PAY FOR PERS!!! Oregonians don't want to work with israel they want to work with germany. No one is fluent in hebrew and germans don't want to do the jobs that israelies do. Conflict and meltdowns are coming.

Intel says huge new Oregon factory will add 1,750 jobs - oregonlive.com

Is the update. Mike Rogoway says it's a research fab for $4-5 billion and admits it's not high volume production. Could be true but it's Rogoway so take it with a lot of skepticism.

A new fab for $5 billion and 1.7k employees many employed 3rd party with no mass transit and be done in two years seems a little hard to believe. We're not getting an accurate story.

Ireland?

Intel says huge new Oregon factory will add 1,750 jobs - oregonlive.com

Is the update. Mike Rogoway says it's a research fab for $4-5 billion and admits it's not high volume production. Could be true but it's Rogoway so take it with a lot of skepticism.

A new fab for $5 billion and 1.7k employees many employed 3rd party with no mass transit and be done in two years seems a little hard to believe. We're not getting an accurate story.

??
[h=1]Intel prepared to invest $8bn in new Leixlip development[/h]
Intel prepared to invest $8bn in new Leixlip development

Intel has a long history of diversifying where the fabs are located around the globe, plus they get tremendous tax breaks wherever they locate a fab from the local governments.

Intel don't want to get caught again with a spike in demand and not be able to deliver. Either Ireland or Israel will get a new plant, both governments are doing their best to secure the new investment from Intel. The Irish government are not providing fake news, they are very honest. Ground works have started, they could stop at any stage just like F42 in AZ did. The Israeli finance minister on the other hand announced a new fab, this is fake news. They are still in with a chance of course but I think their finance minster needs some votes.

Intel don't want to get caught again with a spike in demand and not be able to deliver. Either Ireland or Israel will get a new plant, both governments are doing their best to secure the new investment from Intel. The Irish government are not providing fake news, they are very honest. Ground works have started, they could stop at any stage just like F42 in AZ did. The Israeli finance minister on the other hand announced a new fab, this is fake news. They are still in with a chance of course but I think their finance minster needs some votes.

If the israel's govt was making false claims of a new fab it would of been exposed 15 seconds after going public.

If the israel's govt was making false claims of a new fab it would of been exposed 15 seconds after going public.

It is fake news and the Israelis have played these games in the past. Intel have made it very clear, there are plans in place for a site expansions on three sites, these plans are subject to change depending on many factors such as economics etc, the expansions will be in phases and could be stopped at any time.

After fab 42 was mothballed for 7 years, intel don't want to have egg on their face again. They don't make grand announcements of HVM fabs anymore. Chunks of money get released bit by bit and all of a sudden there is a fab sending out wafers. I think Intel are wise not to relase a statement after the Israeli fake news.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is fake news and the Israelis have played these games in the past. Intel have made it very clear, there are plans in place for a site expansions on three sites, these plans are subject to change depending on many factors such as economics etc, the expansions will be in phases and could be stopped at any time.

After fab 42 was mothballed for 7 years, intel don't want to have egg on their face again. They don't make grand announcements of HVM fabs anymore. Chunks of money get released bit by bit and all of a sudden there is a fab sending out wafers. I think Intel are wise not to relase a statement after the Israeli fake news.

Cool story David Duke.

Back