Tech has always played a key role in warfare - but these days it’s especially vital. We are sharing this latest news from Intel and Intrinsic ID about how the two companies are working together to add more protection for devices used in mission-critical environments.
The companies are using SRAM PUF technology to provide additional layers of security including:
• Anti-counterfeiting: binding of proprietary mission-critical IP to the device.
• Secure communication: by authenticating and encrypting data between heterogeneous devices.
• Secure supply chain: enabled by generation of end-user keys that can be wrapped or protected using device-unique cryptographic keys.
Intrinsic ID Announces Embedded SRAM PUF Security IP for Military-Grade IP protection in Intel FPGAs
SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 8, 2022 – Intrinsic ID, the world’s leading provider of Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) security IP today announced the immediate availability of its SRAM PUF-based hardware IP “QuiddiKey® for Intel FPGAs”. QuiddiKey for Intel FPGAs is device-level security IP that comes pre-integrated as part of the security infrastructure of several Intel FPGA families. It creates a more secure platform by providing access to Intrinsic ID’s SRAM PUF technology on the FPGAs. SRAM PUF root keys are only available (in volatile memory) when needed and not stored anywhere on the device. Any key – or other sensitive data – can be encrypted with PUF-derived keys, binding them physically to the device so that they cannot be copied or cloned.
To view the full announcement, including downloadable images, bios, and more, click here.
News Release Takeaways
- QuiddiKey for Intel FPGAs is device-level security IP that comes pre-integrated as part of the security infrastructure of several Intel FPGA families.
- QuiddiKey for Intel FPGAs is designed specifically for Intel customers working on military, aerospace, and government applications.
- Intrinsic ID will be showcasing its PUF solution at Intel Federal Summit in Washington DC, June 21-22 (Booth #304)
About Intrinsic ID
Intrinsic ID is the world’s leading provider of security IP for embedded systems based on PUF technology. The technology provides an additional level of hardware security utilizing the inherent uniqueness in each and every silicon chip. The IP can be delivered in hardware or software and can be applied easily to almost any chip – from tiny microcontrollers to high-performance FPGAs – and at any stage of a product’s lifecycle. It is used as a hardware root of trust to protect sensitive military and government data and systems, validate payment systems, secure connectivity, and authenticate sensors.