Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/intel-pays-via-125m-to-acquire-its-x86-design-talent.14931/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Intel pays VIA $125m to acquire its x86 design talent

count

See article:

I think this is a good move on the part of Intel. Intel needs to turn around it's talent situation before it has any hope of turning around the rest of the company, and buying a top team is one way to do that.

I’ve been thinking more about this. What if intel was just buying their neural engine? Could even be defensive as intel has one in development and nothing has been mentioned about an AMD one.

I’ve been thinking more about this. What if intel was just buying their neural engine? Could even be defensive as intel has one in development and nothing has been mentioned about an AMD one.
I think it’s probably to buy out the team. Intel is hemorrhaging talent and most people would rather work at AMD, NVidia, in house at Google, Amazon. They need to rebuild their technical competency which they are very behind on.

I think it’s probably to buy out the team. Intel is hemorrhaging talent and most people would rather work at AMD, NVidia, in house at Google, Amazon. They need to rebuild their technical competency which they are very behind on.
They are still loosing talent fast? I thought the situation was improving.

Back