Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/intel-ceo-discusses-global-shortage-of-computer-chips-expanding-u-s-production-full-stream-7-12.16370/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Intel CEO discusses global shortage of computer chips & expanding U.S. production (Full Stream 7/12)

That was used as an argument to really speed up talks on the subsidies initially, but…

The chip shortage was never the main argument. It was the geo-political strategic argument around the loss of US leadership in semi manufacturing that was always at the forefront.

Do those two arguments relate pretty directly? Sure. But the latter is the real problem Intel’s trying leverage.

That was used as an argument to really speed up talks on the subsidies initially, but…
The chip shortage was never the main argument. It was the geo-political strategic argument around the loss of US leadership in semi manufacturing that was always at the forefront.
Do those two arguments relate pretty directly? Sure. But the latter is the real problem Intel’s trying leverage.

True but if peace broke out and we all loved one another there would be a different narrative to get money. This is the sign of a clever CEO, always on the move, one narrative to another, whatever benefits your company above all else. We have a leadership problem in the US, not a fab problem, that is the narrative that will facilitate change.

Fortunately a narrative only lasts so long, at some point in time you will have to show results. That is where we are failing. Show me the money as they say, show me the revenue, not show me the fabs.

True but if peace broke out and we all loved one another there would be a different narrative to get money. This is the sign of a clever CEO, always on the move, one narrative to another, whatever benefits your company above all else. We have a leadership problem in the US, not a fab problem, that is the narrative that will facilitate change.

Fortunately a narrative only lasts so long, at some point in time you will have to show results. That is where we are failing. Show me the money as they say, show me the revenue, not show me the fabs.

"We have a leadership problem in the US, not a fab problem, that is the narrative that will facilitate change."

We have leadership problems both in the government and private enterprises. And private businesses's failures caused by the incompetent or bad CEO can't be ignored just as an isolated or single business failure. It has serious consequences beyond the business itself.

For example Lucent Technologies' failure lead to that all major US telecom backbone equipment providers are either from Europe or South Korea.

Boeing's failure killed hundreds people and weakened its competitiveness around the world.

GE's leaders spent too much energy on financial engineering and eventually killed the GE, the original member of Dow Jones Industrial Index.

This is my hope that the government, both legislative and executive branches, at least does not reward or even encourage bad leadership. Although it is happening all the time nowadays.

Last edited:
Back