Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/drones-used-for-assassination-attempt.10656/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Drones used for assassination attempt

Daniel Payne

I've always wondered why it took so long for the bad guys to use technology like drones and robots for political assassinations or even bank robberies. From the report in Venezuela it sounds like the security team was able to thwart the path of the drones and steer them away from the intended target. Who knows what kind of counter-terrorism technology is being used to jam or over-ride radio signals to drones?

Nicolas Maduro assassination attempt: Venezuela makes six arrests in alleged - CNN

View attachment 22151
DJI Matrice 600 Pro

Bad guys, or false flags? In this case it seems an obscure but real opposition group claims responsibility, but it would be awfully easy to fake an attack with these too. Nothing more useful to a dictator than a coup attempt (a failed real one set up Chavez).

Interesting. I was surprised at how quickly they deduced the make and model of drones being used, because I presumed that with 1Kg of C4 that the drones would be eviscerated and therefore un-identifiable, but really, I'm just guessing here.

Only a matter of time I guess. I was very proud to be part of the SoC revolution even knowing that SoCs would be used for good and evil. I say was because every time I see a person with their smart phone glued to their face I am much less proud. I do have a much better appreciation for our book title "Mobile Unleashed" because we certainly have unleashed SoCs, absolutely.

Back