Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/cotton-mccaul-ask-administration-to-restrict-sale-of-chip-making-software-to-china.14083/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

COTTON, MCCAUL ASK ADMINISTRATION TO RESTRICT SALE OF CHIP-MAKING SOFTWARE TO CHINA

The multi nations' embargo on CCP's semiconductor development is getting deeper and wider. It will be difficult to think this coordinated policy shift among US, NATO member countries, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan will go away in the next 5 to 10 years.

U.S.- Japan Joint Leaders’ Statement: “U.S. – JAPAN GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP FOR A NEW ERA”

"We will also partner on sensitive supply chains, including on semi-conductors, promoting and protecting the critical technologies that are essential to our security and prosperity."

Last edited:
My company Tachyon DA makes an EDA Verilog simulator.
I think not selling EDA tools implies no commerce at all with
China. Shouldn't design software for architects designing buldings
(Autodesk?) be prohibited too since buildings are an important part
of any war effort. How about selling batteries to China. I think we agree
that Russia needs a semiconductor industry, because of its long history in
developing algorithms that US can learn from (Perebor), but wouldn't]
export restrictions prevent that.

My company Tachyon DA makes an EDA Verilog simulator. I think not selling EDA tools implies no commerce at all with China. Shouldn't design software for architects designing buldings (Autodesk?) be prohibited too since buildings are an important part of any war effort. How about selling batteries to China. I think we agree that Russia needs a semiconductor industry, because of its long history in developing algorithms that US can learn from (Perebor), but wouldn't] export restrictions prevent that.

Politics rarely makes sense or cents. This may all be about international trade negotiations.

Back