[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

ChatGPT: What is SemiWiki?

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member
Not a bad answer:

ChatGPT: What is SemiWiki?

SemiWiki is an online platform and community focused on providing news, analysis, and discussions related to the semiconductor industry. It serves as a hub for professionals, enthusiasts, and individuals interested in the field of semiconductors.

Founded in 2010 by Daniel Nenni, SemiWiki offers a wide range of content, including articles, blogs, and forums, covering various aspects of the semiconductor industry. The platform aims to foster knowledge sharing, networking, and collaboration among its members.

SemiWiki covers topics such as semiconductor design, manufacturing processes, semiconductor equipment, electronic design automation (EDA), intellectual property (IP), system-on-chip (SoC) development, and emerging technologies. It provides insights into the latest trends, industry events, product announcements, and market analysis.

The platform enables industry professionals to share their expertise, engage in discussions, and connect with peers. It also serves as a resource for students, researchers, and technology enthusiasts seeking information about semiconductors and related fields.

Overall, SemiWiki serves as a valuable source of information and a community-driven platform for those involved or interested in the dynamic and evolving semiconductor industry.

ChatGPT: Who is Daniel Nenni?

(Not a bad answer except I have never worked for AMD, AT&T, and Synopsys)

Daniel Nenni is a well-known figure in the semiconductor industry. He is an author, blogger, and semiconductor expert who has made significant contributions to the field.

Daniel Nenni is the founder and owner of SemiWiki, the online platform dedicated to semiconductor and electronic design mentioned earlier. Through SemiWiki, he has built a community where industry professionals can share their knowledge and insights.

Nenni has a wealth of experience in the semiconductor industry, having worked for companies such as AMD, AT&T, and Synopsys. He has held various positions related to chip design, product marketing, and strategic planning throughout his career.

In addition to his work on SemiWiki, Nenni has authored books such as "Mobile Unleashed" and "Fabless: The Transformation of the Semiconductor Industry." These books provide valuable insights into the trends, challenges, and transformations occurring in the semiconductor industry.

Through his writings, blog posts, and active participation in industry events, Daniel Nenni has become a recognized and respected voice within the semiconductor community. His expertise and contributions have helped foster a better understanding of semiconductor technology and its impact on various industries.

I also asked ChatGPT, "Who is Daniel Payne", and it produced so many mistakes that its replies are quite untrusted. Why the industry has fallen for ChatGPT is a bit mystifying to me, with so many fabrications in the answers.

I also asked ChatGPT, "Who is Daniel Payne", and it produced so many mistakes that its replies are quite untrusted. Why the industry has fallen for ChatGPT is a bit mystifying to me, with so many fabrications in the answers.
I agree. I think the basis for the shock and awe is that ChatGPT can do so many things that it was thought only humans could do, like pass a state bar exam, or get a high score on an SAT. The questions on these tests are much more specific and contained than the generalized questions like Dan asked. As far as I can tell, ChatGPT is not aware (yet) of qualitative differences between input data sources. Humans are, or at least should be. For example, for medical information I only trust a small subset of sources on the internet, like major clinics (Mayo, Cleveland, etc.), drug company sites, and the US NIH. If you ask ChatGPT a silly or unbounded question it will give you a silly or contrived answer.

For assisting software developers, for example, it quite useful for showing you examples of code for specific submitted problems to help them expedite the development process. But ChatGPT code isn't always correct or efficient, which is why direct ChatGPT submissions have been banned by Stack Overflow for the time being:

IMO, ChatGPT can be an interesting assistant to experts, but it still takes human expertise to ensure results are correct and high quality. "Not bad" is not good enough, obviously, and that's where ChatGPT is currently for unbounded questions.

Jealous much? :ROFLMAO: I'm Chat GPT famous!

Today's search is SO sponsored it is barely usable for serious research. Generative AI is the future for search, absolutely. The more you use it the better it will be.
Good point with sponsored results on today‘s search. But don‘t you think that same could happen with these chat bots, wrong incentives could influence results?

Back