Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/best-workplaces-2022-%E2%80%93-samtec-colorado-springs-co.17645/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Best Workplaces 2022 – Samtec Colorado Springs, CO

AmandaK

Administrator
Staff member
February 2, 2023 By Brianne Collier

Samtec Colorado Springs named Best Workplaces 2022, for the second year in a row.

Samtec’s facility in Colorado Springs, CO, was recently selected for the second year as a Best Workplaces 2022 in the Pikes Peak region. We are honored to be recognized by our employees as one of 102 companies nominated and surveyed based on organizational health, engagement and leadership. Samtec is much more than just another connector company. We put people first – taking care of our associates and our customers is paramount in how we approach our business.

The Colorado Springs location was established in 2012, and is one of more than 40 Samtec global manufacturing and sales locations. With 125+ associates, this facility provides Engineering, Operations, Quality and Human Resource support for Optics, Microelectronics Packaging and Glass Core Technology product lines.

Samtec FireFly™ optical Micro Flyover System™
Samtec Colorado Springs facility
Samtec Microelectronics Packaging

We understand the importance of work/life balance as an essential for happy and healthy associates. We also recognize that our associates are the most valuable resource, so we provide many perks and benefits, including: career growth opportunities, on-the-job training, educational support, computer grants, financial and estate planning assistance, counseling, and maternity and paternity leave. More details about Samtec’s culture are available here.

Here’s what some Samtec Colorado Springs associates said in the survey:

The culture at Samtec is unmatched. You could be an engineer anywhere, but you’d be hard-pressed to find a company where the culture is this good.”

We get respect from all employees. They (Samtec) take care of issues when they arise in a very ethical manner. I love the values we have since we all want this company to succeed.”

Being able to directly apply my degree as I’m earning it, and doing work that I’m proud of. I am actually doing the thing I have studied very hard to be able to do, which is a great feeling.”

I get to do work that benefits others. It may just be microelectronics, but our products go into Naval radar systems, stoplights, medical and surgical devices. It helps someone somehow and I think that’s pretty neat.”

I never saw myself working in the electronics industry, but because of the culture and the work itself, I am happier than I could have ever expected to be in my career as an engineer.”

…I like how mental, physical, and even spiritual health are encouraged. A burnt out employee is not a great employee, and I think Samtec understands that.”

We also care deeply about the communities in which our associates live and are proud to be involved in charitable efforts including philanthropic activities, environmental initiatives, health and safety projects, and community service. Check out Samtec Colorado Springs’ first “Bike to Work” event.

If you’re interested in working at Samtec, we have positions available in Colorado Springs and many of our other locations around the world. Search job openings here.

Link to Press Release

Back