Analog Design Engineer/Architect
eSilicon has a world-class custom IP team with a successful track record of first-time silicon success and demonstrated ability to provide differentiated IP cores at leading-edge process nodes. We are seeking a seasoned, hands-on Analog Design Engineering Leader in either San Jose, CA or Pavia, Italy to join this team and define the architecture of eSilicon’s HBM PHY and specialty I/O products and oversee their implementation.
- Work with marketing and customers to understand market trends, industry standards, and the competitive environment for the HBM PHY and specialty I/O products.
- Define the architecture for these products and work with the implementation team to refine the architecture, develop the execution plan and schedule, and deliver working silicon
- Lead, review and approve the implementation of these products working across multiple engineering teams in multiple locations
- Work with internal ASIC engineering teams and external customers to ensure their success in using the products
- Mentor the implementation team in analog design techniques to continuously improve their capabilities
Background and Experience Requirements:BSEE/MSEE plus 10-15 years of experience in analog design which includes:
- Deep knowledge of a wide range of complex analog mixed signal design elements in leading-edge FinFET process nodes such as switching and linear regulators, charge pumps, PLLs, ADCs, DACs, load switches, bandgap bias, sequencers, LNA’s, RF TX/RX and precision analog blocks.
- Knowledge of memory interface architectures such as DDR, LPDDR, GDDR, or HBM.
- Advanced knowledge in EDA, tools, design flow and strong experience with IC design and simulation tools such as Spectre, SPICE, HSIM, Verilog-A, MATLAB, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of semiconductor physics and new process technology limitations including an understanding of layout and proximity effects on circuit performance
- Experience taking designs from the architecture phase through implementation and ultimately validation in silicon
- Emphasis on high quality designs and customer deliverables, manufacturability and high product yield
- Strong lab and silicon validation skills for the evaluation of product and test circuit performance.
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with key industry partners and suppliers.
- A strong demonstrated commitment to teamwork and working with internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to others in verbal and written form.
- Direct functional management of engineering team(s) or Project Leadership experience
- Well respected by technical colleagues and enjoys mentoring, leading less experienced design engineers.
- Must be eligible to work in location of hire (either US or Italy) without restriction(s)
- Regular travel to Asia is required
- Local candidates (San Jose, California, or Italy given preference (no relocation))
- Only candidates who meet the requirements listed will be considered.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you meet the qualifications above.