Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/any-ai-ml-platforms-set-to-dominate.12694/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Any AI/ML platforms set to dominate?

Arthur Hanson

In my research I'm finding organizations are having a difficult time implementing and applying AI/ML. Does any one feel there is a dominant AI/ML platforms in the works or are we still in the wild west stage with no clear leaders? Will the standards end up being more hardware based or software base or a combination of the two? The pay out for the first companies to dominate the application platforms in their fields stand to be the next generation of major companies, the question is will this be an extension of established players or entirely new companies as we have seen in new major waves in the past. Will companies such as Autodesk dominate their areas and become major players or will it be outsiders that push them aside by making them obsolete. I feel this will end up being a battle of platforms and operating systems. Any thoughts, observations and views on financial impacts are welcome. I see one of the first major megamarkets being in reading medical scans and images of all types with the next step of correlating these results with other test data. It's figured 40% of medical time is spent on diagnostics, making this a mega market with the costs involved. The first that master applications and how to scale them will either grow dramatically or become majors if they are small. I personally feel in the next year to two years we will see a serious arms race in this area dramatically effecting both hardware and software. Any and all insights and observations appreciated.

Last edited:
Industrial automation. Making things with less people, faster and cheaper.

Back