Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/amd-announced-q2-2022-earnings-with-revenue-up-70-yoy.16487/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

AMD Announced Q2 2022 Earnings with Revenue up 70% YoY

What's the difference between AMD HPC and Data center?

"Data Center segment revenue was $1.5 billion, up 83% year-over-year driven by strong sales of EPYC™ server processors."

"The HPC industry continues to show rapidly growing preference for AMD solutions, with a 95% year-over-year increase in the number of AMD-powered systems on the TOP500 list."

What's the difference between AMD HPC and Data center?

"Data Center segment revenue was $1.5 billion, up 83% year-over-year driven by strong sales of EPYC™ server processors."

"The HPC industry continues to show rapidly growing preference for AMD solutions, with a 95% year-over-year increase in the number of AMD-powered systems on the TOP500 list."

I believe the major difference between AMD HPC and Data Center is the target customers/market/applications, not necessarily the product themselves. Those AMD powered supercomputers may or may not have some AMD components that are also used in the Data Center environment.

Reactions: VCT
It is hard to tell with the Xilinx acquisition munched in but it looks to me like AMD is no longer in the Intel rearview mirror. I would expect Xilinx and AMD customers will be very happy together.

It is hard to tell with the Xilinx acquisition munched in but it looks to me like AMD is no longer in the Intel rearview mirror. I would expect Xilinx and AMD customers will be very happy together.
It also gets more complicated cause they said they will be able to save estimated 300million on operations with some synergies. It doesn't matter, AMD and Xilinx are one entity. Same as we don't single out mobileye from intel's results.

Intel revenue dropped by almost the same amount as AMD revenue increased. Yet Pat Gelsinger blamed the drop on macro economic factors. Reality is AMD is winning significant share.

I am wondering how you calculate it? Thanks.

AMD Financial 2022.jpg

One big thing from this AMD earnings announcement is AMD reaffirmed its $26 billion 2022 revenue forecast. It's 40% of Intel $65 billion projected 2022 revenue.

In such short time Lisa Su not only brought AMD out of survival mode but also made AMD a fierce and dangerous competitor to Intel.

Last edited:
One big thing from this AMD earnings announcement is AMD reaffirmed its $26 billion 2022 revenue forecast. It's 40% of Intel $65 billion projected 2022 revenue.

In such short time Lisa Su not only brought AMD out of survival mode but also made AMD a fierce and dangerous competitor of Intel.

Competition is the driver of innovation. Intel, AMD, ARM, RISC-V, I expect some serious semiconductor innovation in the years to come, absolutely.

In such short time Lisa Su not only brought AMD out of survival mode but also made AMD a fierce and dangerous competitor of Intel.
AMD gross margin is now about 55%. Intel's probably going to fall to 45%. So they are even closer when it comes to net income.

I think AMD will easily catch up to Intel in net income within the next 5 years.

Another angle to analyze Intel and AMD revenue is looking at their PC Client segments.

For Q2 2022:

Intel: Client Computing Group (CCG) revenue is $7.7 billion. Total Intel Q2 2022 revenue is $15.3 billion. CCG contributed 50.33% of total Intel Q2 2022 revenue.

AMD: Client segment revenue is $2.2 billion. Total AMD Q2 2022 revenue is $6.6 billion. Client segment contributed 33.33% of total AMD Q2 2022 revenue.

Lisa Su's effort to diversify AMD revenue source has paid off, especially under the declining PC market situation.

Back