[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Alexa Rankings: Top Ten List

Paul McLellan

I just checked on Alexa to make sure Google was still ahead of Facebook before I posted in another thread. I thought people might be interested to know the top 10 Alexa sites, the most visited sites on the net:

1. Google
  2. Facebook
  3. YouTube (treated separately from Google it seems)
  4. Yahoo
  5. Baidu (the Chinese Google)
  6. Amazon
  7. Wikipedia
  8. Taobao (the Chinese eBay)
  9. QQ (the Chinese Twitter)
  10. Twitter (that would be the non-Chinese Twitter)
  11. Google.co.in (OK, I know that is 11, but I thought it was interesting that the Indian site for Google is that high)

What I like most is that Wikipedia is so high. If you believe the scaremongering a non-commercial site that is relied on so heavily and that even each person can edit can only be detrimental to common knowledge.

And for the local Alexa ratings:
  1. SemiWiki 190,121
  2. SEMI.org 194,913
  3. Desing & Reuse 242,439
  4. EEJournal434,840
  5. SemiEngineering 455,143
  6. EDA Cafe 748,285
  7. ChipEstimate 1,221,235
  8. Global Semiconductor Alliance 1,724,757
  9. Semiconductor Online 3,056,375
  10. SoC Central 4,467,069

Google is on top because of its search engine, not anything else. In India, of course people use it a lot. If I have to buy something or get it serviced and need to see directions to drive before getting out of home, I go for Google. My browser is also Google Chrome, so that quite handy :eek:. I tries a few times, but couldn't appreciate Google+

Pawan, are there any truly Indian equivalents to any of the giants in the same way as Baidu, Alibaba, Taobao, QQ, WeChat. I know there is no great firewall of India which is part of the reason there are Chinese home-grown equivalents. It is a lot easier to set up, say, a search-engine competitive to Google if people can't use Google.

Pawan, are there any truly Indian equivalents to any of the giants in the same way as Baidu, Alibaba, Taobao, QQ, WeChat. I know there is no great firewall of India which is part of the reason there are Chinese home-grown equivalents. It is a lot easier to set up, say, a search-engine competitive to Google if people can't use Google.

No, there is nothing like Alibaba in India. Flipkart is one Indian e-commerce company coming up. I do not think any search engine company is needed in India, people are happy using Google!

For EDA-related Site, there is a site in China which having most visits daily. it is http://bbs.eetop.cn/, almost all of Chinese engineers downoad crack stuffs from the site and discuss usage tips there.
yanfeng

Back