Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/tsmc-village-in-arizona-has-been-vandalize-again.18059/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

TSMC Village in Arizona has been vandalize again

tonyget

The "TSMC Village" located in Arizona, USA, after Village B was broken into by unknown persons last time, this time Village A was broken into by teenagers, smashed car windows and pried open doors, causing a total of 7 cars to be damaged. The owners of the cars have reported to the police. The screen also clearly captured the figures of the three teenagers who smashed the car. Local TSMC engineers bluntly said that from the last time strangers invaded TSMC Village to the recent smashed car windows, it has caused panic. However, the company's top management seems to have not taken active actions, and everyone can only remind each other. TSMC has yet to respond to this.

After TSMC established a factory in Arizona, the United States, it cooperated with local builders. With a wave of its hand, it contracted out the new residential area outside the factory, allowing some of the newly completed residential areas to be directly promoted to "TSMC Village". However, TSMC Village has not been peaceful recently. , On May 19th, a man broke into the tyrant's house in TSMC Village and moved in. Unexpectedly, in the middle of the night on May 26, the car was smashed into the TSMC Village by local teenagers.

It is understood that the car smashing incident happened at 11:43 in the middle of the night on May 26th, US time. Three teenagers wearing black clothes, black vests and red and black jackets broke into TSMC Village A late at night and smashed cars. The windows of 2 Toyotas, 1 Nissan, 1 Mini, and 1 Kia were smashed, another 1 Mini tried to break the window but failed, and another Hyundai car door was pried open and damaged.

A TSMC engineer in Arizona said bluntly that when everyone decided to go to work in the United States, they also hoped to work hard. However, from the last time a stranger invaded TSMC Village to the recent smashed car windows, the company's top management seems to be indifferent. Everyone can only remind each other, but more and more people are worried about going to work in the United States, and it is the safety of everyone's life and property that is sacrificed.

Another local TSMC engineer also said that the location of the temporary office is relatively desolate, and the security in the United States is not as good as that in Taiwan, and engineers in Taiwan have also been robbed. They can only remind each other in the group to raise their vigilance.

How odd that this keeps happening... I can't think of ever hearing a chain of crimes like this happening in Hillsboro or Beaverton. Hopfully the local PD continue to catch the punks causing these issues.

Weird. I tried to search with Google multiple times using multiple predicates to find stories about crime in and around the TSMC facilities in AZ, and found no results except for this thread.

Try using "TSMC car breakins" in a search and see what happens. I got 1.53 million results, but only this posting on Semiwiki as a relevant result. Using Bing, I didn't get any relevant results. No local reporting, no police blotter reports. That's very odd... I'm wondering, did these crimes ever really happen?

From Chat GPT:

"I apologize, but as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, there is no specific information available about car vandals targeting TSMC Arizona. TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) is a global semiconductor manufacturer, and they have announced plans to build a semiconductor fabrication facility in Arizona, but I don't have any information on car break-ins or vandalism specific to that location."

Back