Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/the-us-military-and-technology-semis-of-all-types-key-opportunity.17399/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

The US military and technology, Semis of all types key, Opportunity

Arthur Hanson

The war in Ukraine, like all wars, becomes a test bed for advanced technologies. The amount of computational power, sensors and communications ability is increasing dramatically, and fully autonomous war machines can be seen in the near future. The amount of AI/ML built into machines of war is dramatically increasing on all sides and like wars before Ukraine will hopefully have many benefits that spill over to the civilian sector in everything from hardware to advanced medical treatments required to help the victims of this horrible war. Fully autonomous intelligence in life and death situations hopefully will come out of this ugly mess. I hope this also applies to battlefield medics being able to improve emergency medical treatments using high tech that will benefit everyone for decades. This is one area that I haven't heard anything about, but most major wars have resulted in many improvements in this area. Medics can now carry in a smart phone access to information and advice that just a few years ago was impossible. I hope the cameras and sensors that can now be easily carried can lead to significant advances in emergency medicine. This is an opportunity of vast size for the companies that pursue it. I hope this short forum post will be read and acted upon by those that can make a difference. This is truly a chance to pull something positive out a massive human tragedy and waste of resources.

Back