Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/intel-14th-gen-meteor-lake-rumored-to-drop-tsmc-3nm-node-for-tgpu-might-be-used-in-15th-gen-arrow-lake-cpus.16509/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Intel 14th Gen Meteor Lake Rumored To Drop TSMC 3nm Node For tGPU, Might Be Used in 15th Gen Arrow Lake CPUs

How do we tell it's Intel's design problem or TSMC N3 problem?

If it's Intel's problem, Pat should be liable to investors since he just said "Meteor Lake looking good. At this point, it’s now broadly sampled to customers. So it’s looking very healthy as well. " on Q2 earning release.

Pat didn't get a good enough deal for N3? Or did, his fab people managed to convince him to try Intel 7nm again?

I cannot imagine Pat trying to pressure TSMC like that. They can easily give N3 capacity to AMD which has Zen 4+ coming in 1.5 years.

Is it possible because of Intel Chiplet fail to deliver on time?
Meteorlake is supposed to be 3 chipsets - so they’ll still need capacity for the I/O die and the iGPU from somewhere. N3 was only to be used for the iGPU where I/O was an older node. This seems like something specific to the iGPU (Intel design not ready) and/or N3 (capacity, timing, etc).

Reactions: VCT
It is neither. Meteor Lake is yielding fine: Intel 4 CPU, TSMC N3 GPU, TSMC N5 base die and SoC.
Is there a chance that all die yielding fine but it's hard to put them together?
I thought it's too early to know Intel 4 CPU yield. The rumor said Intel have problem for 4nm CPU tile. I'm not sure it's true or not.

Of course not ;)
But strange that also Ian Cutress (Anandtech) said at Twitter under the story that he knew since 6 month that IGPU is made on N5. Arrow-Lake is Intel N3 product but not metor-lake.

Daniel, the problem with N3 and Meteor-Lake for me was always timing.
Make no sense that Intel releases a N3 product on the same month as the next Iphone with N3.
On the IGPU side intel would Jump from 7nm to 3nm without any 5nm products at all. Thats strange...

Of course not ;)
But strange that also Ian Cutress (Anandtech) said at Twitter under the story that he knew since 6 month that IGPU is made on N5. Arrow-Lake is Intel N3 product but not metor-lake.

Make no sense that Intel releases a N3 product on the same month as the next Iphone with N3.
On the IGPU side intel would Jump from 7nm to 3nm without any 5nm products at all. Thats strange...
Unless I'm missing something I think iphone next will launch 2 quarters before Meteor Lake if not 3 , even per original schedule ?

Of course not ;)

Okay, so when I am proven right you will publicly bow down to my technology greatness? How about getting a SemiWiki tattoo?

When I posted the story about the farce report that Meteor lake and N3 were delayed I got a cease and desist from the company who published the report. I was told to print a retraction immediately. I showed it around and asked if I had something to worry about. I was told no, my information was correct. Intel and TSMC have both refuted that report. Time will tell but there will be no retraction on my part.

Okay, so when I am proven right you will publicly bow down to my technology greatness? How about getting a SemiWiki tattoo?

When I posted the story about the farce report that Meteor lake and N3 were delayed I got a cease and desist from the company who published the report. I was told to print a retraction immediately. I showed it around and asked if I had something to worry about. I was told no, my information was correct. Intel and TSMC have both refuted that report. Time will tell but there will be no retraction on my part.

OMG! TrendF**** is very serious!😵‍💫

At HotChips34 Intel took the opportunity to explain some details on the next-gen CPU packaging technology, as well as to debunk some rumors.

Contrary to the report from TrendForce, Intel is not planning to manufacture Meteor Lake GPU tile on 3 nm TSMC node. In fact, this tile was always meant to be made with 5 nm technology.

This slide should clear things up:

image001 (13).png

Hahaha...

But you are correct. Meteor Lake is N5 and Arrow Lake is N3. I really hope 20A makes it into Arrow Lake but as the slide says roadmap is subject to change without notice.

Reactions: VCT
Anyone know if the GPU tile is going to be "battlemage" based? Or maybe something inbetween Alchemist and Battlemage? Or it's own thing..

Pretty solid if it also means next gen ARC is also jumping from N6 to N3

Anyone know if the GPU tile is going to be "battlemage" based? Or maybe something inbetween Alchemist and Battlemage? Or it's own thing..

Pretty solid if it also means next gen ARC is also jumping from N6 to N3
Battlemage is N5

Back