Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/intel-ceo-pat-gelsinger-the-u-s-needs-more-geographically-balanced-supply-chains.16075/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger: The U.S. needs more geographically balanced supply chains

hist78

Nowadays the common Pat's interview scene is lots of questions and answers for issues not related to Intel themselves or for things not under Intel's control.

Reporters are asking less and less questions about Intel's own issues and what Pat Gelsinger is doing to take on those challenges.

Last edited:

Nowadays the common Pat's interview scene is lots of questions and answers for issues not related to Intel themselves or for things not under Intel's control.

Reporters are asking less and less questions about Intel's own issues and what Pat Gelsinger is doing to take on those challenges.
It's Davos where they discuss global problems hence the choice of questions.

It's Davos where they discuss global problems hence the choice of questions.

Pat's comments on Broadcom's VMware acquisition is unnecessary and inappropriate, IMHO.

He "is" Intel's CEO and speaks on behalf of Intel. Whatever VMware was with him is irrelevant to his current role as the CEO of Intel.

Whether the acquisition will stop VMware's innovation is simply not his business. Frankly, nobody can predict.

“I’m sort of mixed on the current thinking,” Gelsinger said on Monday. “If it helps VMware be a more compelling, innovative growth story, then it’s good - if it does not, then it’s not good.” “I put eight years of my life - my soul - into VMware. So, I was a bit startled reading that,” he said.

Not his best quote but I don't think he means harm.

Reactions: VCT
Back