Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/t-j-rogers-ceo-of-intel-must-go.13489/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

T J Rogers, CEO of Intel must Go

On CNBC T J Rogers said CEO of Intel must go. He stated leadership of whiners must go and be replaced with talent that is available in the Silicon Valley.
Very strong statement that he has also said Intel must reform and it could be done. Nothing but praise for Andy Grove.

Interesting: "A slimmed down and focused Intel"

Here is TJ on the Huawei situation, always a colorful guy. Nice mentions of TSMC and Morris Chang:

Lol calling in from his private vineyard, the horrors I've heard from former Cypress engineers about this man. Although still probably preferable to the finance/consultant class that runs American semiconductor manufacturing now.

Lol calling in from his private vineyard, the horrors I've heard from former Cypress engineers about this man. Although still probably preferable to the finance/consultant class that runs American semiconductor manufacturing now.

The same has been said about Andy Grove. I met TJ in the early days of Cypress. Cypress had some of the best parking lot tape-out parties in the valley. He was a good guy, absolutely. I never worked for him though so there is that.

lI heard from an admin at Intel, Andy Grove made himself very approachable. If you brought him something great, you could advance very fast and if you brought him half thought out bs or were not fully prepared to execute, look out, he had a very low tolerance for it and made no attempt to sugar coate his sometimes harsh feelings very openly.

At the end of Andy Groves life Intel was full off half thought out bs and poorly executed project. Andy Bryant was the poster child of poor execution and half thought out bs.

David Perlmutter was probably the best candidate for today's Intel and they threw him out the door.

The same has been said about Andy Grove. I met TJ in the early days of Cypress. Cypress had some of the best parking lot tape-out parties in the valley. He was a good guy, absolutely. I never worked for him though so there is that.

I'm told he shut down Cypress's memory design center in VT (right after taping out a part that made a $1B) to spite a former IBM technologist, one who appropriately rejected TJ's VMOS IP from some decades prior. Megalomania giveth and taketh away.

You look at third point pushing their agenda. Something is going on.

On CNBC T J Rogers said CEO of Intel must go. He stated leadership of whiners must go and be replaced with talent that is available in the Silicon Valley. Very strong statement that he has also said Intel must reform and it could be done. Nothing but praise for Andy Grove.

So, is ol TJ basically saying "hire me?" :cool:

Last edited:
T J Rogers was right, although it might be too little, too late, the damage has been done and Intel will never be the leader again.

Back