[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. V

Intel Will Have 1 Critical Advantage Over TSMC and Samsung in 2025

I think it was assumed in the past that the external would just be for the GPU and northbridge tiles, not the CPU. Although I don't think that external CPU sourcing is necessarily an indication of failure either.
  2. V

Samsung sold more ASML shares in Q3

Oops, I missed a set of 3 zeros. I meant billions instead of millions. So on par with your figure. Meaning that they're not doing this (selling ASML) bc they need more cash.
  3. V

Samsung sold more ASML shares in Q3

As of June 30, 2023, Samsung had $61,700,345 USD of "cash and cash equivalents" on hand. So they're not short on cash.
  4. V

China trying to develop EUV light source using particle accelerators

(Again basic question) why don't the ASML mirrors need to be in a hydrogen atmosphere?
  5. V

China trying to develop EUV light source using particle accelerators

Naive question: why don't the ASML machines have this issue?
  6. V

Intel Reports Q2 2023 Financial Results with Strong Guidance!

Process progress looks rosy: "On Intel 20A, our first node using both RibbonFET and PowerVia, Arrow Lake, a volume client product is currently running its first stepping in the fab." "For the remaining three nodes, I would highlight Intel 3 met defect density and performance milestones in Q2...
  7. V

Samsung to make Tesla’s fifth-generation HW 5.0 auto chip

Looks like Samsung is getting aggressive (like I had proposed in the other thread about the Google Pixel chip).
  8. V

Google’s first fully custom Pixel chip, Tensor G5, coming 2025 from TSMC

Barely profitable yes. Hemorrhaging money, no. They have yet to lose money. (they have in the past but that was a long time ago). This is just a temporary situation given the memory glut. It will pass. They have been making money hand over fist for so long that they probably have a huge warchest...
  9. V

With all of the little guys leaving Samsung for TSMC (Google Tensor, Tesla FSD), Samsung should get more aggressive in pursuing customers. Like a special discount program. Stay with us for 2 more years, and everything will be half off. Masks, wafers, packaging, etc...
  10. V

https://9to5google.com/2023/07/06/google-pixel-tensor-g5-tsmc/ According to a new report today, Google is indeed working to replace Samsung with TSMC for Tensor G5 development. The Information details how the plan was originally to unveil its “first fully customized chip” for Pixel phones in...
  11. V

AMD Q1 2023 revenue drops 9% as PC chip sales decline sharply

Maybe it's a good thing you didn't short the stock after all.
  12. V

AMD Q1 2023 revenue drops 9% as PC chip sales decline sharply

The big question is how much are the retailers actually selling. Under Client Revenue, they say "Processor shipments significantly below consumption to reduce downstream inventory." So their retail sales are not actually down 65%. Whatever that number is (for both AMD and Intel) is what really...
  13. V

Intel cancels new Haifa development center

Probably layoffs in Israel specifically. Since the article is from an Israeli site.
  14. V

IFS leader departs

Looks like the story originally broke at The Register https://www.theregister.com/2022/11/21/intel_foundry_services_boss_quits/
  15. V

IFS leader departs

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/intel-foundry-leader-to-depart-shaking-up-gelsinger-s-turnaround-plan/ar-AA14nOU9?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9a55c668b7b4425982f2cc1298a61bd8 Intel Foundry Leader to Depart, Shaking Up Gelsinger’s Turnaround Plan Story by Ian King (Bloomberg) -- Intel Corp...
Back