Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?search/239152/&c[users]=DaRAGingLunatic&o=date
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. D

Which Arrow Lake and Lunar Lake Chiplets Will be Fabbed by Intel?

TSMC 3nm doesn't have backside power delivery, nor does it have GAAFET transistors. Of which Arrow Lake and Lunar Lake are said to have. There would be no reason for the 5 nodes in 4 years if none of those nodes are getting used and it's all being pushed to TSMC. If it's all being pushed to TSMC...
  2. D

Most upcoming Arrow Lake CPUs will leverage TSMC nodes for compute, Intel 20A only for Core i5 and lower: Leak

I just don't buy this leak. If compute for arrow lake is on TSCM then there won't be backside power delivery and ribbonfets. Because those two have been said to be on Arrow Lake. Intel has said they will be on Arrow Lake. And intel is the only one capable of doing those two things. TSMC cannot.
  3. D

Altman Seeks to Raise Billions for Network of AI Chip Factories

What? He plans to start his own chip company? Douche.
  4. D

Ten Trillion, Cost of a Taiwan/China/Allies war, Bloomberg

Honestly I am hearing some incredibly bad things about the Chinese Economy lately and it is in a very bad way.
  5. D

Will Intel have enough EUV for 7nm?

I wish i could get an update on the amount of wafers, and tech levels and estimated capacity per corporation again here in 2023, like we had 2 years ago.
  6. D

Intel using TSMC N3B for Nova Lake

That pic shows Luna Lake MX, Not "Nova Lake". I guess it spells some news. Either too much 20A is happening, or 1.8A aren't happening. At least Intel and AMD might be competing on the same node. That'll be interesting
  7. D

Intel CEO Highlights the Company’s Top Three Mistakes

“we killed the one that would have made all the difference in the world.” This was the American chip maker’s attempt at making a proper graphics card.. Larabee was going to be a graphics processor made from original Pentium-based CPUs. Let me say the obvious. It was NOT an attempt to make a...
  8. D

If and When will AI be able to teach itself?

I don't know. I know that AI is a "Large Language Model" (LLM), But it's already outdated, as time keeps going on, and then you have to update the information or data sets to be newer versions. I feel like they really need to stop training AI as a Large Language Model, where it is trained on...
  9. D

Who will be responsible for policing AI

We will make an A.I responsible for policing A.I. What could go wrong?
  10. D

ASML attributes EUV shipment pushout to lack of skills for constructing advanced fabs

Well i'm glad it's the construction industry doing the pushout and not issues going wrong at ASML in making their equipment.
  11. D

Will Fab Building drive down prices? Effective life span of the cutting edge

Yeah Conroe was that good of a jump. Intel was stuck on Netburst high clock, low performance per clock. High tdp. Then Conroe comes out. low tdp, low clocks, high performance per clock. The lowest of the Conroe at 1.83ghz was beating the highest of intels previous high end clocked at 3.73ghz...
  12. D

TSMC Phoneix Arizona Fab Construction Update

Wow its all massive there. Lots of work.
  13. D

Apple’s Profit of Nearly $100 Billion in 2022

Didn't they say mac sales are down 40%? It's about the same in the sector in general. HDD sales were down 35%...
  14. D

Latest Intel Product Presentation

Intel has just been a nightmare, and everything I hear is just more pain. It's true it is the delays that are seriously screwing intel up. And it is only going to get worse in the future. Meteor lake, which is intel 4, then what? there's 3? there's 2.0, 1.8. It just sounds like they're all...
  15. D

AI, a Criminal Tool? Safeguards Needed Now

The genie isn't going back in the bottle. I have an RTX 3090 with 24 GB GDDRAM and a 16 core CPU system with 64 GB of RAM. Apparently that's good enough to run LLaMa at 30 Billion parameters. 7 Billion Alpaca LLaMa gets the same results as text-davinci-003. Which was quite damn good. sure...
  16. D

Porsche leading Silicon Carbon Battery Push

All these incremements sure do add up. So the article is talking about a 50% gain in life cycle energy density. What does that mean? Life cycle energy density refers to the amount of energy that can be stored and released from a lithium-ion battery over its lifetime. It takes into account the...
  17. D

Intel Cuts Dividend by 66%

Intel cash on hand for the quarter ending December 31, 2022 was $28.338B, a 3.13% decline year-over-year. Whilst their revenue has shrunk due to increasing competition, and the start of a large recession... I think they're still in the game and will be fine for a while yet. I think consumer...
  18. D

How Intel plans to rival TSMC and Samsung as a chip supplier

I'm with Lefty on this one. I too think that Intel won't have the capacity for themselves, let alone external clients. I just don't see it.
  19. D

Intel 18A tapeout without High-NA EUV

Man how has intel tapped out 18A. I thought they needed the new High NA EUV's for 18A. I guess I must be thinking about 16A.
Back