[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. techcossack

iPhone 15 satellite connectivity capability

So my question is, i don’t know what enables iPhone 15 to link up with Globalstar. As far as I know, the Snapdragon X70 inside doesn’t support 5G-NTN, so how does Apple do it? In Huawei Mate 60 pro, for example, at least you find dedicated satellite baseband chips….
  2. techcossack

Correct way to calculate Total Processing Performance?

Already saw various different calculations of Nvidia A100 or RTX 4090‘s TPP. What’s the correct way to do it? For bit length, for example, should I use FP32 or FP64, for example?
  3. techcossack

Questions on memory industry boom&bust cycle (Micron & Hynix)

Nevertheless, somehow price fluctuation is more obvious on the margins, and that’s the most puzzling part.
  4. techcossack

Questions on memory industry boom&bust cycle (Micron & Hynix)

Dear all, I was looking at these Micron and SK Hynix data (Samsung data incomplete), and one thing confuses me: i know the memory industry has a boom&bust cycle, but why doesnt it show on revenues, instead on gross margin and operating margin etc? as far as I know - the cycle is mostly...
  5. techcossack

SoC and SiP difference

I see. is there a good example of a SoC that is not a SiP?
  6. techcossack

SoC and SiP difference

That’s why I’ve been confused by the terms. If both M1 and M2 are in a single package, and both basically integrate cores with different functions..why one is a SiP and the other is a SoC? Does it have something to do with interposer and how the dies are connected?
  7. techcossack

SoC and SiP difference

So…the M1 SoC isn’t in a single package?
  8. techcossack

SoC and SiP difference

Dear all, i know this question has likely been raised before, but since Intel CEO Gelsinger mentioned “system foundry”, I’ll ask again: what is the difference between System on A Chip (SoC) and System in Package (SiP)? I was going through the Internet, and I‘ve got the impression that the...
  9. techcossack

The military application of commercial chips

I was reading this report of Reuters regarding how Russia took chips from consumer electronics and convert them for military application, mostly via adding heat sinks and insulation seals. But is this even possible? I thought military grade chips had to be resistant to heat, vibration...
  10. techcossack

Why does the US target “14nm” for sanctions?

I know that most of these process nodes are marketing terms that do not represent gate length or half pitch, so when I read that the US was sanctioning the 14nm node, I kinda wondered “why this node?”. Does anyone know? The wording seems pretty vague to me. Plus, in terms of lithography...
  11. techcossack

Transistor count calculation problem

Hi all, Recently I’ve come across an issue - is there a formula to calculate transistor count on various technology nodes? I know that nodes like 5nm 7nm etc are mostly marketing terms from TSMC etc, and that they no longer accurately reflect gate length or metal pitch, but how do industry...
  12. techcossack

How much does it cost on average to develop cutting-edge nodes?

I’m curious how much it costs on average for a foundry like TSMC or Samsung to research & develop advanced processes like 5nm, 3nm? is there some chart available somewhere pertaining to how the costs rise to develop such processes?
  13. techcossack

How does one determine the process node of a certain chip product?

Hi all - I’ve been wondering about this fir a while: we all know that those cutting edge processors need advanced manufacturing nodes while power and other analog chips tend to require mature bodes at 28nm or older. but how does one, especially those semiconductor industry analysts, know which...
  14. techcossack

Is there a process node for advanced packaging?

I was reading an article about TSMC's challenges in advanced packaging, their VP explained that "when it comes to advanced packaging, it is still stuck at 2μm...cost control and efficiency become a hurdle when TSMC uses frontend equipment, such as those for copper interconnect process, to...
  15. techcossack

Taiwan’s Largest VC Plans Semiconductor Fund as Chinese Competition Intensifies

Taiwan’s Largest VC Plans Semiconductor Fund as Chinese Competition Intensifies: https://techtaiwan.com/20210825/ttvc/
Back