Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?search/234520/&t=thread&c[content]=thread&c[users]=mozartct&o=date
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. M

How is backside power really done?

There are many threads about backside power but I am lost on a key point: when/how is the backside metal put in place? Conventionally, a finished wafer would be ground from the backside to expose vias. In BP, it seems to be that the power lines are laid down first and the transistors are...
  2. M

Looking for stats going back to the 60s

I am in charge of upcoming ASMC panel discussion. We are bringing together experts to talk about "unintended consequences of CHIPS on Moore's Law". I need to put together a few strong graphics but I am having difficulty locating long-series data. Here is specifically what I am looking for: 1-...
  3. M

What is the minimum viable size of a new 300 mm fab?

I need help from the community for an upcoming event (ASMC). Considering the cost of land, of equipment etc. what would be the size of a generic competitive logic foundry being built today? TSMC is often confusing the issue by not calling each fab complex with its own name. So you end up with...
  4. M

CHIPS act is dead - just look at our actual priorities

Call off the dogs. The CHIPS act is dead. It will not pass in one form or another this year. I am not sure that it's good or bad as there's been many iterations. What I do know is that as a country, we are laser focused... on other things. Consider that in the last 20 years: 1- We decided that...
  5. M

Ban crypto, save the world?

There's been many excellent discussions on this forum about chip shortages affecting many industries (automotive in particular). It's a story with many chapters so no need to re-hash here. I am wondering if the growth of crypto mining is an important factor to the overall tightness of the IC...
Back