[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. B

US lawmakers angry after Huawei unveils laptop with new Intel AI chip

Really, what's the risk here? That Chinese consumers get access to consumer-grade AI inferencing capabilities? Or is this just typical nationalistic chest thumping? It's not as though these could be use for foundation model training, or that selling these in China would somehow make the...
  2. B

Behind the plot to break Nvidia’s grip on AI by targeting software

By all means, Nvidia’s death grip on the leading edge of ML compute needs real competition but…
  3. B

Intel To Utilize TSMC’s 2nm Process In Next-Gen “Nova Lake” CPUs

It makes sense that in needing factory capacity for serving IFS customers, and where that factory capacity costs enormous CapEx and Intel is not exactly flush with cash, that Intel would keep some of its own designs on TSMC as a way to 1. stay on competitive leading edge nodes 2. not be...
  4. B

TSMC's 2nm progress is smooth, supply chain is picking up orders ahead of schedule

I have usually witnessed Digitimes being a heavily scrutinized source in other circumstances. Better hearing an insider’s POV to back it up this time.
  5. B

TSMC’s Kumamoto factory will open in February next year

How does Intel’s progress (and problems) in AZ, and to a lesser extent OH, compare?
  6. B

Sam Altman is out as OpenAI CEO — board says he was ‘not consistently candid’. CTO Mira Murati to be interim CEO

And the drama thickens https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/20/23967515/sam-altman-openai-board-fired-new-ceo
  7. B

Infographic: Semiconductors Top 7 in Q2 2023

Any industry with 60%+ of revenue taken by a single company is not a healthy industry (see Intel: 2010-2020, etc, etc…)
  8. B

Intel shows Intel 3, 20A, 18A wafers

Could be yield of the full system in package, but they also had some talk about great yields of the full packaging process too. I think MTL is late because it is *complex*. Looking at all the newly divulged details, MTL has so many firsts for Intel it's mind bending... 4 tiles, NOC fabric, a...
  9. B

Intel’s Answer to AMD 3D V-Cache: Cache DRAM, 50% Faster & 60% More Efficient than HBM

I am completely speculating, but more and more arrows point at Nvidia being that IFS “whale”.
  10. B

MediaTek Beats Apple to Announcing 3nm Chips?

Anton Shilov is a freelance writer who covers semi hardware in a style which gets clicks. Anandtech, Toms Hardware, wherever. It’s often wrong or at its best hyperbolic.
  11. B

Intel to invest ‘unprecedented’ $25 billion in chip manufacturing plant in Israel

Either Intel management are fools, or they’re seeing demand for both their chips and those of potential foundry customers exploding by 2025-2027… Going to be incredible to witness one way or the other. For the industry’s sake l hope it’s the latter.
  12. B

Don't work in the industry if you are unwilling to take shifts: TSMC Chair

This is what I don’t understand about fab engineering/technicians and their pay. I work in software and have a real passion for it… but software pays well in exchange for my passion. Now, I get the ruthless margins on the processes that a commodities, but for the leading edge? TSMC is making...
  13. B

Intel Details PowerVia Chipmaking Tech: Backside Power Performing Well, On Schedule For 2024

So is it correct to say the “not invented at Intel” issue they claim to be fixing by moving to standard design flows for IFS is… not so fixed, yet? Or at least they’re still learning/ramping up on what being a foundry really means (for customers)? Seems like great innovation either way, and I...
  14. B

Intel Details PowerVia Chipmaking Tech: Backside Power Performing Well, On Schedule For 2024

15. B

Nvidia CEO: Intel Test Chip Results for Next Gen Process Look Good

Is their IP becoming more standard with Intel design using TSMC so much, and even rumored to be doing so for x86 cores for some Arrow Lake SKUs (N3)?
  16. B

Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era

Quickly penned response to the WSJ article?
  17. B

TSMC Phoneix Arizona Fab Construction Update

Feels like just yesterday they announced they were coming to Arizona, and now there’s a whole fab right there. Incredible. Where’s the update videos for Intel Fab 52 & 62?
  18. B

What comes next after shrink ends?

Apple's tight integration and optimization has shown that there's room for multi-year leads in system efficiency just from tight hardware-software optimization.
Back