[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. A

The Real Reason Behind the Automotive Industry IC Shortage — A Step-Function Surge in Demand!

Also auto companies build car “platforms” on a 5 year refresh cycle many of them bunch togther and Tesla (and others) have been causing them to up their game electronics wise since 2015-2017 AUtomonus driving hype
  2. A

The Real Reason Behind the Automotive Industry IC Shortage — A Step-Function Surge in Demand!

I had a slightly different read on reason 2: they shipped (vs. ordered) 30% more units in 21 then 20 or 19 and still couldn’t produce the cars. Seems like semi content demand or car demand really has had a step function increase in 21.
  3. A

Taiwan Should Destroy Island’s Semiconductor Industry If China Invades?!?!?!

I had a similar thought on the parts -> ones that only asml/ asml supplier can make
  4. A

Diplomacy is always preferable, however, it only works when there is something behind it. If the above wasn't true then the EU would carry the same international diplomatic weight as the US vs. being largely ignored...
  5. A

It’s correct thinking both in the past and now. One of the main goals for China in taking Taiwan is capture of the semi industry knowledge and capacity. Despite China/CCP stubbornness, anything you can do add uncertainty to the obtainability of that goal reduces incentive for war vs. increases...
  6. A

Intel CEO to Visit Taiwan, Home of Biggest Chipmaking Rival

https://www.chinatimes.com/newspapers/20211215000080-260202 3nm capacity expansion is EUV constrained at TSMC. So dedicated line with upfront payment will buy capacity away from others. One way or another. *I’m not saying this will effect the minimum order commit in contracts from Qualcomm...
  7. A

Intel pays VIA $125m to acquire its x86 design talent

I’ve been thinking more about this. What if intel was just buying their neural engine? Could even be defensive as intel has one in development and nothing has been mentioned about an AMD one.
  8. A

US control of financial functions trumps Chinese military

The best way to prevent China from taking Taiwan is to punish Russia for Crimea
  9. A

Global Foundries files for IPO

I was surprised at how bad the previous years were and the GM. I think Daniel was right, they appear to have massively cut capex. Depreciation is massively down for the year. I wonder how low they can really decrease it whilst still being a long term company. Even old machines need to be...
  10. A

Korea urged to confront US calls for key chip info

Lol, literally I always had an inside joke whenever I dealt with in house lawyers: their happy steady state is when the company conducts no business, has no customers and does not talk to anyone.
  11. A

Not saying lawyers are dumb btw (my father is one) - just law is the art of applying logic whilst limiting yourself to the written word Ie without math
  12. A

This is too dumb for a consultant/ MBA. Any one with any experience would know that quantitative data collection requires standard buckets (otherwise how do you build any cross customer analysis). This has lawyer written all over it - even the formatting is lawyerish - worse case it’s an English...
  13. A

I disagree, section 1 has a lot of sales info. Almost a blueprint for a semicon industry. 2.c, is the only question actually aimed at discovering double ordering and is poorly written. As an aside, after spending many years in a job involving customer research it’s also horribly written. They...
  14. A

Such a key data set. Even if US only has the best of intentions. The risk of leaks (politically motivated or not) or even of it being stolen by government espionage seem extreme
  15. A

Government to use DPA to compel semiconductor companies to share information

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-23/white-house-weighs-invoking-defense-law-to-get-chip-supply-data White House to help solve the shortage through usage of Defense Production Act to force semiconductor companies to share information in order to solve the crises What does the...
  16. A

How hard is 2.5D and 3D advanced packaging from an equipment prospective

Thanks, was asking a slightly different question: who are the leading players set to benefit from 3D packaging? E.g., K&S or be semiconductors or someone else? And how differentiated are they? (Or said another way how difficult is building the needed equipment)
  17. A

How hard is 2.5D and 3D advanced packaging from an equipment prospective

I know the chief difficulty is designing each die ahead of time for future 3D packaging (Zen 3D for example). However, I was wondering how difficult leading-edge hybrid CU and direct CU 3D packaging is from an equipment perspective? Is it more on the difficulty level of deposition and etch (i.e...
  18. A

The thinking of Pat Gelsinger

Good comments, I think the obvious answer (and I think you were alluding to it) is that pat is deliberately misconstruing the situation in order to simultaneously gain government funding and make it harder for TSMC and Samsung gain said funding/ procure American customers.. a lot of companies do...
  19. A

TSMC may set up wafer fabs in Germany and Japan

Yes they are, the temperature varies from fab to fab (back end fabs in Asia tend to be hotter) but it’s really the suit - a full plastic thing which by definition doesn’t breath so well. Sometimes you do feel like a chicken in clingfilm
Back