[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. S

Any thoughts on the AMD/Microsoft alliance in AI/ML?

Microsoft denied that AMD is helping with the Athena chip...
  2. S

Intel beats earning estimate, but down

IIRC, Sierra Forest is their dense chip, and is made up of their single threaded small cores, Gracemont? I don't see how that competes with Bergamo or Turin dense, since those are full Zen4 or Zen5 cores which just have less cache.
  3. S

We'll know allot more when AMD reports tomorrow. In their Q4 CC they had said they expect 1Q23 DC revs to be down double digits. If it's low double digits then Intel's problem is their products, if it's high double digits like Intel, then macro is the primary problem I think...
  4. S

This write up over at nextplatform was interesting. This bit jumped out at me: According to Intel’s 10-Q filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, and picked up by our good buddy Aaron Rakers over at Wells Fargo, Intel’s Xeon XP server shipments were off 50 percent in the quarter...
  5. S

TSMC February 2023 Revenue Report

Perf / watt makes a big difference in the two highest margin segments mobile and DC/HPC. AFAIK AMD's offerings are leading in both those segments, and on par in consumer desktop. I think most people looking for a laptop are less concerned with raw single thread performance and more with...
  6. S

TSMC Earnings 3Q22

I wonder how much this slowdown will effect DC. One of the AMD execs was talking about seeing a little bit of pull out in DC orders a few weeks ago, wonder if that's accelerating at all.
  7. S

TSMC August 2022 Revenue Report!

In the 2Q22 CC I believe that Dr. Su said while GPU was down console was expected to stay strong. Also, the Xilinx division has allot of 7nm high margin products that were suffering from supply constraints at the time of the merger in 1Q. I would think that any 7nm capacity freed up from lower...
  8. S

AMD said the same day that there was no material impact to their business since they have no significant MI200 sales in China. I believe Nvidia also updated after a few days that they were likely to get exemptions for many of their Chinese customers...
  9. S

Kind of hard to believe that AMD is cutting orders considering they're main problem has been being supply constrained. Also, they basically seemed to say they have very good visibility over the next few quarters and emphasized that from now on they have enough capacity lined up so that they...
  10. S

AMD, Apple, Nvidia Reportedly Cutting back on TSMC N5 orders (+N6/N7)

You mean ~3m Epyc chiplets in 1q22? If it would be ~3m packaged chips that would work out to $9B revs at a conservative asp of $3k which doesn't make much sense to me...
  11. S

AMD, Apple, Nvidia Reportedly Cutting back on TSMC N5 orders (+N6/N7)

Is any of the stuff in the Digitimes article confirmable? After AMD's FID just a few weeks ago it doesn't seem like they would be massively cutting orders with TSMC... especially how they very proudly emphasized doubling the size of their DC revs every quarter... I'm seeing anecdotal evidence...
  12. S

Russia-Ukraine war to cripple semiconductor industry globally

People thought highly interdependent economies would promote peace and stability, but it's just given non democratic countries leverage. Europe really can't sanction Russia in any significant way because they get 40% of their natural gas from Russia.
  13. S

TSMC Begins Pilot Production of 3nm Chips

How long does the HPC version generally lag the SoC version, six months, twelve months?
Back