[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. J

Taiwan's defence ministry prepares for possible war

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/china-drops-peaceful-reunification-reference-taiwan-raises-defence-spending-by-2024-03-05/
  2. J

China Plans $27B Chip Fund Amid US Tech Curbs

And do they even need money? My opinion is that they are more than capable to raise enough capital, specially in such overhyped area such as AI. Much more important in relation to gov is how they plan to "regulate" AI... EU is not competitive because of extensive and strict regulations. China...
  3. J

Price War Looming?

...and with discussion, so GPT will replace even us...
  4. J

Price War Looming?

No, it's really easy. :D I asked GPT to write blogpost on trade war and price consequences. It comes with images automatically.
  5. J

Ten Trillion, Cost of a Taiwan/China/Allies war, Bloomberg

There was similar strategy of economic interdependence in 1930s... Or EU-Russia in recent history. Xi is more ideological and he already showed that he is willing to sacrifice economic prosperity to achieve his goals when he cracked down on tech sector...
  6. J

Raimondo warns US chips push faces long delays in permit process

Generally i agree with Your view, but during off-shoring, did people got screwed because they were not intelligent or lacked education? I think that policies played bigger role. Environmental is one of them...
  7. J

Which part? View on source of imbalances or style in which it is written? :D In my opinion book makes sense and is one of better explanation out there.
  8. J

Problems You are describing are caused by too much government and i don't think that adding even more government would help. And even when it looks like dictator-approach is better in solving specific problem, it might create different more severe consequences... China's case is about capital...
  9. J

Obsolescence driving chip demand? AI has changed all the rules?

Just seen interesting study yesterday: Twitter thread: Paper: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4527336
  10. J

Chinese chip maker SMIC's sales fall for third straight quarter

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/27/huawei-q3-earnings-revenue-barely-grew-despite-growing-phone-car-sales.html
  11. J

US lawmakers press Biden for plans on Chinese use of open chip technology

Some specific compilers and/or libraries were restricted before it was even cool.
  12. J

People are in over supply, not chips

This is great. Much better than eastern EU. Assembly workers in Siemens Healthineers for ultrasound devices with minimum of 3 years of experience, knowledge of foreign language, SAP, and something like "basic troubleshooting" whathewer that is. 1,100 € per month. Link to local site...
  13. J

TSMC could drive Arizona's economy — let's not miss our moment

Well, You can't just open fab and expect that there is thousands of idle engineers waiting to take any position... TSMC needs to provide adequate training/education or pay higher salaries to attract professionals from other sites. They will face same difficulties in Singapore or Thailand or...
  14. J

Intel’s Answer to AMD 3D V-Cache: Cache DRAM, 50% Faster & 60% More Efficient than HBM

3D stacked AMD processors have worse thermal characteristics than regular models. It must have even bigger impact on Intel's processors which have typically significantly higher TDP than AMD.
  15. J

TSMC bets on silicon photonics to enable more powerful ChatGPT

delong.height: Intel recently showed good application for that. https://www.servethehome.com/intel-shows-8-core-528-thread-processor-with-silicon-photonics/
  16. J

US wants China's chip industry 5 generations behind cutting edge, head of equipment maker AMEC says at Wuxi conference

I am from EU so I am not sure what do You mean. :) Environment here is so strictly regulated that I don't even know whether any research or investments are possible outside corporations or universities. US is still significantly more friendly for startups while offering some degree of IP...
  17. J

SMIC's unspoken mission and Huawei's 5G smartphone chips

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7102596/#:~:text=China%20also%20seeks%20to%20use,when%20they%20export%20to%20China. But I guess, actual enforcement depend on their mood. Hisilicon likely just asked to comply with these regulations...
Back