[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. H

Taiwan Should Destroy Island’s Semiconductor Industry If China Invades?!?!?!

Exactly. I can't imagine our host is unfamiliar with the concept of deterrence, and has never heard of scorched earth policies, which per that Wikipedia article are known to go back to ~500 BC. Absent internal subversion, a sufficiently successful invasion of Taiwan should result in Taiwan's...
  2. H

China will get fabs running ASAP

As far as I know the only really useful thing from your cited article is "Smelting, for example, is also primarily done in China." "'Rare' earths" aren't really all that rare as the map shows, what's rare is the ability and willingness to refine them from their ores, which has been described...
  3. H

Chip Industry Wants 50 Billion in Federal Incentives

The counter to this is that many companies have permanently lost core technical competencies due to bad management, which includes losing critical "technical talents" and not properly employing the ones they can hire and retain. How many years has it been since Intel started failing hard with...
  4. H

TSM 561.00/Share, Logic?

count, I agree with all your points, which are also aligned with Mr. Neni's general position on TSMC's ecosystem quality. I'd go even further, and not being a polite as him point out it makes a difference if you're truthful when your competitors shade the truth at best to minimize their...
  5. H

TSM 561.00/Share, Logic?

I've been getting the impression one of the secrets of TSMC's success is not being greedy, and doing real instead of finanicial engineering. If so, where does a "far superior profit margin" come from, until, for example, the race to smaller nodes ends?
  6. H

Change of CEO at Intel announced

Is there any reason to believe Intel will be able to regain its ability to move to new process nodes? It's not uncommon for companies to lose a core technical ability and never regain it; here I'm not so much worried about Intel catching up to TSMC, but merely getting back into the game, so...
Back