[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. F

Discussion: Our chips can never achieve the true computing power of a brain by having same specs like it.

By the way human brain is very different than silicon chips. In the human brain there are only positive signals, no negative signals. For example when the brain does nothing it sands just a few signals; not at least e few megahertz when it is idle. And once again in the brain there are only one...
  2. F

Elbrus microprocessor design team’s fate

Does anybody nows about Elbrus processor design team’s and Evgeny Babayan’s faith?
  3. F

Discussion: Our chips can never achieve the true computing power of a brain by having same specs like it.

So I’m very happy that I am at 60 years of age and I hope that I will never ever will see that these will happen. But I’m very very seriously sorry for my children. What a pity for them.
  4. F

Our brains have a lot of ancient structures that under pressure of higher levels of brain, mainly the cortex. My only fear is that our engineers have never been able to create a bug free OS or application even at the earliest days of computing. A failure of computing error in the AI could end up...
  5. F

I wonder why you think that mimicking brain is the correct way? In 1982 I had my first computer, a Comodore Vic-20; only 8 bits and only ~3500 bites of 8 bits. Compare that with today’s Apple a14 and iPhone 12pro max. I think that AI will be the next evolution of thinking and robots will be the...
  6. F

Rumor: TSMC Expected to Produce 5nm Intel CPUs in H1 2022

https://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2020/10/apple-is-attempting-to-move-more-of-its-supply-chain-to-the-us-starting-with-chip-production-if-given-crucial-tax-breaks.html
  7. F

Could this be true ?https://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2020/10/apple-is-attempting-to-move-more-of-its-supply-chain-to-the-us-starting-with-chip-production-if-given-crucial-tax-breaks.html
  8. F

Of course; TSMC is Taiwan’s life insurance against China and not TSMC but Taiwan government blocks the TSMC’s Arizona fab I think.
  9. F

NVIDIA to Acquire Arm for $40 Billion!

If Nvidia wanted to make ARM-based CPUs, they could just buy a license for a tiny fraction of $40 billion. The only reason I can think of for this step is that Nvidia wants to be in a position of control, and that would be bad news for the ARM ecosystem, which thrived due to ARM's independence.
  10. F

Save Arm - Arm is being sold to Nvidia - Help Stop it!

If Nvidia wanted to make ARM-based CPUs, they could just buy a license for a tiny fraction of $40 billion. The only reason I can think of for this step is that Nvidia wants to be in a position of control, and that would be bad news for the ARM ecosystem, which thrived due to ARM's independence.
  11. F

Save Arm - Arm is being sold to Nvidia - Help Stop it!

Not so good for intel, amd, Qualcomm, avago,...
  12. F

https://www.forbes.com/sites/barrycollins/2020/09/16/apple-bet-the-farm-on-arm-now-nvidias-in-charge-does-it-stick-or-twist/amp/
  13. F

Apple Bet The Farm On Arm. Now NVIDIA's In Charge, Does It Stick Or Tw… “However, it’s by no means beyond the realms of possibility that Apple will go it alone with its own chip architecture. When Apple announced it was moving Macs to Arm-based processors earlier this summer, it didn’t mention...
  14. F

I think Apple will not change its roadmap from Arm to RISC-V after all years of efforts and money it already has poured. I’m sure A17, even A18 has already been on the board.
  15. F

By the way I don’t think that this acquisition will be allowed.
  16. F

Apple surely “much more than enough” resources.
  17. F

18 months is long enough for Apple to extend its licensing agreement with “current ARM”; and to modify it to include Arm v9 and beyond. In the meantime, Arm v9 architecture may already be introduced by Arm. I predict that after Arm v9, Apple will go ahead on its own; Apple doesn’t need to worry...
  18. F

If this acquisition is cleared by regulators forget cutting-edge fabs in the US soil. How it will be possible for intel (while its revenue lovers) for example to spend such a lot of money for R&D and to build a cutting-edge fab?
  19. F

https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/ 4374914-nvidias-arm-acquisition-good-for-nvidia-bad-for-amd With the purchase of ARM, Nvidia could easily leverage the ARM license deals in its favor. One method would be by uncoupling the ARM CPU and GPU IPs and instead offering an Nvidia GPU in the...
Back