Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?search/234631/&c[users]=jorgequinonez&o=date
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. J

Intel Will Have 1 Critical Advantage Over TSMC and Samsung in 2025

Ya. As Scotten Jones' articles discuss, Intel's are high perf. (lower density); and most customers want the higher density w/ lower power (like Apple or Mediatek). As it stands, I don't see Apple ordering from Intel in the near future unless they plan to use Intel's nodes for their desktop...
  2. J

Apple's new iPhone chip has us worried about TSMC's 3nm silicon and next-gen GPUs

Yes. Very true. Square mm size is probably down to 65-75. The N3B node was a little less than double the what the previous N4 node cost, if I remember correctly. This leaves Apple a chance to grow the total area size of their SoCs by the time they used the final N3 node (N3P, N3S, or whatever it...
  3. J

Apple's new iPhone chip has us worried about TSMC's 3nm silicon and next-gen GPUs

Ya. CPU cores are less important on mobile phones than GPU, NPU and built in codec support. That what I was kind of saying. If you a limited number of chip architecture / design staff, you probably would focus them on NPU, GPU, video/image processing, and misc accelerators rather than improving...
  4. J

Most likely that the extra GPU and increased size of the NPU are taking way more space. CPU cores are probably a lower priority.
  5. J

China could obtain EUV, far cheaper than war

Industrial espionage can probably help cut that time significantly.
  6. J

Intel Details PowerVia Chipmaking Tech: Backside Power Performing Well, On Schedule For 2024

Be skeptical: I would doubt anything Intel says, given their history of overpromising and under delivering.
  7. J

Samsung talking smack about passing TSMC.

Any ideas what kinds of fabs or process nodes Rocket Man has?
  8. J

What comes next after shrink ends?

Backside power delivery, AI remastering, pattern shaping technology, and probably several other complimentary techniques/approaches will also increase density.
  9. J

TSMC 4nm vs Samsung 4nm

Density wise Samsung's 4nm is closer to TSMC's 6nm.
  10. J

AMD getting comfortable with Samsung 4nm?

Transistor density on Samsung's 4nm is roughly equivalent to TSMC's 6nm process node.
  11. J

GAA Is Ready for Customers’ Adoption – 3nm MP in 2022, 2nm in 2025

I was reading based on density density that Samsung's 4nm (not sure if it was lpe or lpp) was barely equivalent to TSMC 6nm node. I think it was on https://fuse.wikichip.org. Using nanometer in the node name after a number is just marketing nowadays. The only thing you can ascertain is that a...
Back