[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. T

The founder of Apple's key supplier said the US stock market would collapse in '10 seconds' if war breaks out in Taiwan!

Yeah, I agree, we should build up Taiwan and move a lot of ships to that region, and leave them there. Japan is increasing their military as well, but that's going to take a while. And I'm pretty sure the Chinese remember the a#$-kicking the took from Japan in WW II, and probably have an...
  2. T

Intel Reports Q2 2023 Financial Results with Strong Guidance!

Given we don't know about power consumption, I'm going to defer to Daniel's judgment, and history, and assume the power efficiency isn't going to match TSMC's. He seems to have insight into this segment I certainly don't. But, you're right, it's not factual, and if it is very power efficient...
  3. T

The question becomes, does Intel's competitive situation get worse, better, or roughly the same, I think. Sapphire Rapids is good at single-threaded, and also scales beyond two processors. It also has custom chiplets that make the processor especially good at specific tasks. However, even...
  4. T

When you say "too", where else are they losing market share? They're steady in servers, finally, and they gained market share in client computing and now have significantly more than 80%, as they had around 83% - 85% before gaining share. Intel said on the earnings call there was still some...
  5. T

SoftBank’s Arm Targets $60 Billion Value in September IPO

The flaw in that logic is that one could reasonably expect NVIDIA to go up 3x. In fact, it was considered to be worth 33.5 billion, and not even that. Companies routinely over pay when do a purchase like that, but even allowing for that, and inflation, it's still not coming in at $40 billion...
  6. T

SoftBank’s Arm Targets $60 Billion Value in September IPO

I agree with you that ARM is best as an independent company, for so many reasons. But, like most successful companies, it's just not priced right, it appears. It's why I wouldn't touch ASML, NVDA, TSM, etc... They are good companies, but everyone already knows about it, and the time to buy...
  7. T

Expectations are meaningless when talking about whether a company is doing well or not. It just indicates if they are doing worse than expected by talking heads. Bottom line, Intel Q2 revenues up sequentially, AMD even, in a quarter they historically are up, from a disastrous Q1. Data does not...
  8. T

So, Intel can make money from customers who don't even buy their CPUs, and that's a bad thing? Intel has historically had no problems staying competitive on products and processes. They did fall behind on processes, kind of, since their processes are still the best for their client group, and...
  9. T

AMD going after Nvidia,

AMD has been taking on NVIDIA for years, and always had been trying to compete in AI. The problem is, they always finish second, out of two. Now with Intel involved, even second seems difficult.
  10. T

Yes, the earnings were absolutely dismal, but the stock is up. Horrible earnings. Revenue down a lot from last year, and flat from Q1, while Intel revenue was up from Q1. But, people spin things so they don't look like they were wrong. And just say AI somewhere, and then you look like you...
  11. T

I rarely short, but I have shorted AMD twice this year and made money. I'm thinking with Intel eating into their market share, it might be ugly for AMD. And certainly, with all their discounts on products, one after another, they aren't looking good. But, you're completely right, you look at...
  12. T

I'm so tempted to short sell AMD today, before earnings. What do you think?
  13. T

AZ Union calls TSMC's delay claims inaccurate.

The leader of one of Arizona's largest unions fired back at TSMC's claims that unskilled American workers have delayed construction and tools installation of its new Fab 21. Aaron Butler, the head of the Arizona Building and Construction Trades Council, wrote in his column for Phoenix Business...
  14. T

But, another way to look at it is, Intel improved not only in operating profit/loss, but also revenue from Q1 to Q2. TSMC? I'm up almost 50% on my Intel investment, while TSMC is down, so I'm not complaining. And this is verifiable, since I was saying I was long on Intel months ago, when they...
  15. T

Also, by pushing out the useful life of equipment from five to eight years, they will be saving $4.2 billion in depreciation expense in 2023. So, there's some accounting changes that make this quarter look profitable. But, the biggest number is revenue, and that's up from Q1 and should be up...
  16. T

Based on this chart, just about the only company that could love Intel 3, is Intel. It should give them a nice edge in performance over AMD, but it's difficult to see a lot of scenarios for it for other companies. 18A looks very attractive though. Of course, this chart doesn't show the...
  17. T

Mark Liu, AI chips to Displace server chips

I could write a 200 page book on things Intel does that TSMC doesn't. OK, maybe not that big. If you're a programmer, what compilers do you use? Hmmmm, Intel always perform the best, don't they? Even for AMD processors they normally do. How about operating systems? Who makes the fastest...
  18. T

Yeah, but one of the negatives of it all was, Intel didn't say much at all about customer's moving to their Intel 3 process, which by all indications is becoming a dud. Even so, there's apparently a lot of activity on 18A, so it's overall very good. Based on how Intel's narrative has changed...
  19. T

Intel and the internal foundry model

Nothing that I remember, and none of the analysts asked about it either. I have heard them say prior that they are making progress with it, so I think it's their intention to pursue it, if at all possible. But, China being China ...
  20. T

Intel and the internal foundry model

Pat Gelsinger is why I bought thousands of share of Intel stock. Krzanich was a nightmare, and Swan was probably better, but not the visionary to turn things around. I completely agree with you that Gelsinger is the right man for Intel, at this point in their history. I'm betting on him...
Back