[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. L

Intel's Foundry Business discloses a $7B operating loss

but that's not fair - you can't compare a HD library with a HP library. It'd be interesting to compare N5 with Intel 3 HD library, but I assume those tech details are not know.
  2. L

According to an Angstronomics article (linked below) Intel 4 is denser than TSMC N5: So, if 18A is only slightly more dense that N5, then it must be less dense, or equally dense as Intel 4. Can this be true? https://www.angstronomics.com/p/the-truth-of-tsmc-5nm
  3. L

That's quite a bombshell, but it would explain a few things. It must have been a lot easier for Intel to get GAA and back side power to yield when the pitches are so relaxed. Also, if 18A is less than N3 then it must be only marginally more dense than Intel 4?
  4. L

I think next year IFS will lose even more money. By then probably 50% client processors sold will be Meteor lake / Arrow lake and both these processors are mostly manufactured by TSMC. Intel's external customers are all low volume, so Intel's fabs will be mostly idle.
  5. L

I notice IFS loss was around $5 billion for both 2022 and 2021 - that is despite Intel making $12 billion less revenue in 2022. Really IFS loss should be more for 2022, because they are manufacturing less products.
  6. L

Intel could have made the $7 billion number much lower just by paying itself more money for IFS services.
  7. L

The desperate battle for 2 nanometers will heat up next year

50% is just a figure I pulled out of the air, but the price difference is due to details in their contract, not just "hot runs". Reserving wafers on the latest node probably effects the price. Also, some customers reportedly pay for working chips, rather than wafers...
  8. L

But still there are a range of customers for the latest node, Nvidia, Apple, Intel, AMD, Qualcomm, etc. The price range that TSMC charges each one could vary by as much as 50%.. yet these sources are just saying "$30K for a wafer", regardless of the volume or contract conditions of the customer
  9. L

I would assume for some one like Nvidia who is buying 10k/month wafers the price per wafer is much lower than a small customer, who is only buying 1000 wafers a month. Maybe $30K is the price quoted to a small customer?
  10. L

Which Arrow Lake and Lunar Lake Chiplets Will be Fabbed by Intel?

Supposedly Lunar Lake is just two tiles and the compute tile includes CPU and GPU, that's why they can't use Intel 20A (20A is missing high density libraries needed for the GPU)
  11. L

Yes they have. Threadripper had dummy dies, also Meteor lake has one (in some SKUs). That's a good point, because the NPU resides in the SoC tile
  12. L

No, they meant actually the same die. You can see here: "SoC/ IOE 100% reuse from MTL"
  13. L

Another thing of interest, Intel was meant to benefit from the chiplet design, by reusing SoC and IO tiles from Meteor lake in Arrow Lake, but it turns out those rumours are not true. If you compare the Arrow lake die shot here: , with the Meteor lake dies shot...
  14. L

Intel Will Have 1 Critical Advantage Over TSMC and Samsung in 2025

You mean that PowerVia is optional? Can a customer create a 18A chip without it?
  15. L

Intel plots 1nm silicon for 2027 but are the wheels coming off its existing roadmap? 2N6Y?

at end of 2023 the graph show about 5% for 20A. Do they need 5% of total capacity just for development?
  16. L

Intel plots 1nm silicon for 2027 but are the wheels coming off its existing roadmap? 2N6Y?

Well, there's clearly a green band showing 20A production from 2023. Maybe it's just that the graph isn't accurate
  17. L

That chart is very interesting. It shows 20A/18A in production right now, even though 20A products only are released around end of 2024. Then Intel 4/3 does not increase until 2Q 2024... The only products using Intel 3/4 are meteor lake and Granite Rapids. That would mean that Granite Rapids is...
  18. L

Why Apple is abandoning building cars

If Apple make cars like they make mice, I don't want one. There would be just one big button that controls everything.
  19. L

Gelsinger Opens Up, as Intel Reportedly Expands Orders to TSMC

I'm just thinking, if N3P is "comparable" to Intel 18A and available earlier and cheaper, does that mean we are going to see a bigger customer adoption of N3P? Maybe it will be a surprise success for TSMC?
  20. L

Gelsinger Opens Up, as Intel Reportedly Expands Orders to TSMC

I guess they don't refer to it as N3B, but everyone else seems to call it that
Back