Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?search/240121/&c[users]=Michael+Domnitei&o=date
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. M

Microsoft, OpenAI plan $100 billion data-center project, media report says

Did the proposal explain where or how are they going to get the electric energy for such a monster energy sucker? They will need a nuclear power station because with solar and wind will not get what they need (besides, solar and wind are not reliable because of the weather).
  2. M

Intel Delays its Ohio fabs

Intel had enough Fab capacity for many years but they were not used at full capacity. The Ohio plant is a political game since they don't need more fabs but make use of what they already have and we know that their foundry doesn't produce much but only promises. Besides, what in the world is...
  3. M

Ten Trillion, Cost of a Taiwan/China/Allies war, Bloomberg

Forcing people to obey & accept or submit to a certain ideology (or religion) is in contradiction with the free spirit or freedom of speech and self determination. Who gives the right on this planet to a certain race or ethnicity to control and dominate other people? Since people can't agree to...
  4. M

Ten Trillion, Cost of a Taiwan/China/Allies war, Bloomberg

War is not good for anyone because it causes human & economic sufferings. Unfortunately, the communists and some religious leaders are anchored in a tribal and imperialistic paranoia ideologies which are keeping people in the dark and mediocracy.
  5. M

Intel CEO says Nvidia’s AI dominance is pure luck — Nvidia VP fires back, says Intel lacked vision and execution

They hired 50 engineers from Stanford to develop the Tcad software while Technology Modelling Associate had already TSupreme4 in the market and it was running in windows (in color) user friendly while to use Tcad one had to type scripts to run the simulations in unix (or the old VAX system)...
  6. M

Intel CEO says Nvidia’s AI dominance is pure luck — Nvidia VP fires back, says Intel lacked vision and execution

I am surprised about the statement made by Intel CEO, but having done my time at Intel for 15 years, I can say that this company has a long history of bad management doing big mistakes/decisions. Intel tried to re-invent many wheels (things which already were Off The Shelf available in the...
  7. M

Biden should invest in TSM, not Intel

Government shouldn't pick winners and losers among any companies but give incentives like tax breaks and 0% loans. Also, the government should NOT give credits to companies which use unions (ex: EV manufacturers) and no credits to non-union companies because that is legalized discrimination...
  8. M

China Takes Taiwan, Everyone losses, especially China, Xi's decision

This hypothesis of China occupying Taiwan proves how wrong was the move of "going global" or "going to China" since now people realize that one shouldn't rely on one vendor or put all the eggs in one basket. It will take a few years until TSM would finish the fabs in Austin and in Japan and...
  9. M

China will get fabs running ASAP

Building a semiconductors fab is not like building a car manufacturer. A semi fab requires specialized equipment which is not made in China, requires certification of the technology process and constant maintenance of the equipment and masks, testing and LYA (Low Yield Analysis), etc. So, it is...
  10. M

War and Taiwan, Everyone losses, a golden opportunity #1

This is a technology forum and I noticed once in a while someone wants to sell investment papers/advice which is not appropriate here. Everybody knows the importance of TSM in the world and China occupation would be a temporary disaster.
  11. M

FTC sues to block Nvidia’s $40 billion acquisition of Arm

I am retired and the secret project I worked on was in 2010. Since the project "never existed" and the documentation was to be destroyed, I don't see how they can accuse me of anything.
  12. M

FTC sues to block Nvidia’s $40 billion acquisition of Arm

In my opinion, this is mostly the Intel doing to prevent the competition in the microprocessor area because Intel never liked competition and if you look back to the start of the X86 architecture, Intel fought very hard in the Courts to eliminate all the competitors. The only one they couldn't...
  13. M

Electron microscope scan comparing Intel 14nm+++ and TSMC 7nm transistors

The quality of the picture from SEM depends on few factors: sample preparation, vacuum level in the SEM chamber, electronic gun adjustment and the expertise/experience of the SEM user.
  14. M

Hspice wrong output

I worked at Synopsys for more than 9 years and I can tell you that it is not a friendly company (inside and outside). I have used HSpice at Intel for Signal Integrity because that is what they forced me to use. Since you are a student, you should ask your university to get Saber Designer (may...
Back