[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. A

"AMD´s Epyc pummels Intel´s new Xeon-W workstation CPUs"

Biased or not, numbers do not lie...AMD's Epyc pummels Intel's new Xeon-W workstation CPUs - SemiAccurate Sad but true: "Overall Intel’s Xeon-W launch today shows exactly how deep a hole Intel is in. They are reacting to AMD’s every move but doing so late, ham-handedly, and with significantly...
  2. A

AMD Ryzen Threadripper sold out on AMAZON

The official launch was yesterday and today the CPU is already...Amazon.com: threadripper Well, AMD is back. Threadripper is currently the fastest single socket consumer CPU in the world:
  3. A

Intel projects decline in chip prices. Guess why?

... yeap, because of the new AMD Ryzen CPUs. The pain has just begun. Why they cannot just admit when they are wrong? BK, I guess it is time to leave your throne. Here the full article from PCWORLD
  4. A

First 22nm FD-SOI Silicon of New Automotive Driver Assistance SoC

Dream Chip Technologies Presents First 22nm FD-SOI Silicon of New Automotive Driver Assistance SoC Dream Chip Technologies Presents First 22nm FD-SOI Silicon of New Automotive Driver Assistance SoC
  5. A

Let me introduce you RyZen - newest AMD desktop CPUs

Well, pretty much all the rumors were indeed true. Hat off AMD :p Enjoy the videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v44wWAOHn8&feature=youtu.be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rUndzpdo1I I guess Intel cannot just say we still have the best CPU and expect people to simply buy that.
  6. A

iPhone 7 and 7 Plus modem gate

Let's start from the main source, the Apple web page: Although not a genuine proof, that's at least a possible smoking gun, I would say. If that's indeed an Intel modem, it should probably be the XMM 7360 model.
  7. A

12nm FD-SOI GF roadmap announced

Globalfoundries extends fdx roadmap with 12nm fd-soi technology Press Releases GLOBALFOUNDRIES Extends FDX™ Roadmap with 12nm FD-SOI Technology12FDXTM delivers full-node scaling, ultra-low power, and performance on demand Santa Clara, Calif., September 8, 2016 – GLOBALFOUNDRIES today unveiled a...
  8. A

Apple iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are here

First of all, I would like to start with a nice comparison table borrowed from Anandtech: Let me say one thing. I personally find the small iPhone a joke for 650$. Yes I can put a Ferrari engine into a Fiat 500, but that doesn't mean I own now a Ferrari. Seriously, that thing still has a...
  9. A

Wafers capacity leaders at DEC-2015

IC Insights has released its Global Wafer Capacity 2016-2020 report that provides in-depth detail and analysis of IC industry capacity by wafer size, by process geometry, by region, and by product type. The new report provides a ranking of the industry’s 25 largest IC manufacturers in terms of...
  10. A

iPad Pro review - A9X SoC revealed

iPad Pro - Apple Here we are, a new tablet reborn, or the end of an era... I want to go straight to the core, the A9X chip. What a beast!!! You must definitely have a look at the Ars Techinca review Well, I definitely like it, it is a masterpiece in terms of hardware specs. This...
  11. A

Inside the iPhone 6s

And finally here we are, thanks to the Chipworks team for their nice, as usual, job. Inside the iPhone 6s | Chipworks
  12. A

Apple A9X chipset: desktop performance inside a tablet class device

They also said, it is faster than 80% of the portable PCs that shipped in the last 12 months. That´s a very bold claim and I´m really impressed at the moment. Of course, I will verify that by myself as soon as the first serious benchmarks are available. Anyway, considering how good already the...
  13. A

Snapdragon 820 and Kryo CPU

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2015/09/02/snapdragon-820-and-kryo-cpu-heterogeneous-computing-and-role-custom Not sure what do they exactly mean with 2 times the performance and 2 times the power efficiency and how do they measure that. Anyway, this SoC is going to be a beast...
  14. A

Intel new trick: Tick-Tock-Toe? Kaby Lake platform to replace Skylake

Intel's 10nm 'Cannonlake' delayed, replaced by 14nm 'Kaby Lake' - TechSpot Is this also the end of the Intel's Tick-Tock era? I really do not understand what kind of game is Intel trying to play, Tic Tac Toe maybe :-) It is crazy if we think that the best competitor for Intel is now Intel...
  15. A

Avago to buy Broadcom for $37 billion

Avago to buy Broadcom for $37 billion in biggest-ever chip deal | Reuters
  16. A

What does actually Apple Watch do?

Apple's first wearable gadget beams messages, Facebook updates and simplified apps to our wrists, eliminating the all-too-common need to take out our devices to constantly check notifications. But unfortunately, that's pretty much it. To make a good use of it, you must still pocket the 4.7-inch...
  17. A

Intel 14nm Cherry Trail SoC spotted on Geekbench

Last month we heard that Intel started to ship Cherry Trail SoCs to customers. Let's have a look at the CPU performance, since geekbench is probably the best benchmark to test this part of the SoC. By comparing the new Cherry Trail 14nm chip vs an old 22nm Bay Trail chip, the results are a...
  18. A

Intel Rolls 14nm Broadwell in Vegas

This can be considered the real Intel 14nm mass production release date (Q1 2015). So, no desktop CPUs. Sure Intel hopes so. Full article here: Intel Rolls 14nm Broadwell in Vegas | EE Times
  19. A

Samsung begins 14nm contract chip production

Samsung begins 14nm contract chip production | ZDNet Any guess? The S1 made at 14nm would be overkill to me. Qualcomm next Snapdragon 810 is manufactured at 20nm. AMD should not show any 14nm product before 2016. Well, maybe it is a Samsung chip :-)
  20. A

Intel Investor Meeting 2014

Presentations can be found here: Intel Corporation - Presentations Material <script src="//platform.linkedin.com/in.js" type="text/javascript"> lang: en_US </script> <script type="IN/Share" data-counter="right"></script>
Back